Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa extension advise

Hello Sir,

I would like to ask for an advise, its my third time here in the US, my tourist visa will expire on May 30th. I came last week of November, to spent thanksgiving and Christmas with relatives but my main reason for coming is i would take an exam on April. However, when i tried taking a pre-qualifying exam, it seems i wont pass and have few days to go. So is it okay to ask extension so i can take the exam on November and have more time to review?

Also after November, depends on the result, i would want to apply for student visa for course review. Because after passing the qualifying exams, i need to take the licensure exam.

I would appreciate your reply and assistance.

Thank you,
    Debbie

Originally posted by dramos7781 View Post
    Hello Sir,

I would like to ask for an advise, its my third time here in the US, my tourist visa will expire on May 30th. I came last week of November, to spent thanksgiving and Christmas with relatives but my main reason for coming is i would take an exam on April. However, when i tried taking a pre-qualifying exam, it seems i wont pass and have few days to go. So is it okay to ask extension so i can take the exam on November and have more time to review?

Also after November, depends on the result, i would want to apply for student visa for course review. Because after passing the qualifying exams, i need to take the licensure exam.

I would appreciate your reply and assistance.

Thank you,
    Debbie
    Please clarify ;
    your stay will expire May 30th or your visa will expire May 30th?

Comment

My stay will expire on May 30th. I have a multiple 10-year visa. It will expire on 2018.

Comment

I do not advise you applying for an extension.
        Because there is a good chance it can be denied.
        Extension responses take months to come and by the time it comes , you I-94 would have expired ( it will be past May 30th).
        If it is a denial, you will become out of status and you could have complications at future entries.

Since you have a multiple entry visa valid till 2018, I suggest you leave now and enter 6 months
        later when you are ready for the test.
        That way you won't have any problems.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X