Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitors visa bank letter

Hi,

I read in this forum that I need to send 2 copies of bank letter each for mother & father, so I wanted to know whom should the bank address the letter to??

Please help....

Nobody in specific, unless the bank insists that they will not give generic letter.

If that is the case, should be addressed to US consulate where you are applying.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,

You would need 1 copy of the bank letter for each applicant. I had similar situation until last week when I was preparing documents for inviting my in-laws. I asked my bank for the letter and they asked me the purpose of the letter. When I told the reason, they asked for the names of the people I was going to sponsor, which will be indicated in the letter. I was little concerned about this, but the customer support guy told me that this info will be sent to INS as its related to immigration and hence the consulate (in Chennai) will also have information about this sponsorship and will be good in one way as the bank is also endorsing my sponsorship of my in-laws. I wasn't sure how true this would be and put in a question to Immihelp (and thanks for the reply with clarification Immihelp!). I later approached my local brach manager and she told the same thing. In my case, the letter was addressed in general (to whom so ever it may concern). Hope that will be OK for me too!

Good luck!

- Sudhakar

Comment

I wonder whether that bank people told you is really true.

How can there be so much integration between bank and USCIS (formerly INS) and Dept. of State and Consulate?
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Hello Immihelp!

I think the same, but I hope they are telling the truth and it works as I've already sent the documents and my in-laws are going for interview next week! Even if they are not telling the truth, it might be helpful (blessing in disguise! ;-) ). We'll have to wait and see........

I wonder why different banks have different policies in giving such letters to its customers .

- Sudhakar

Comment

Irrespective of whether they inform or not, you are not doing anything wrong. Therefore, nothing to be scared of.

Different banks have different policies because there is no standard for that.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X