Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents 2nd trip to USA on B2-visitors

Hello,

My parents arrived in USA on 26th Sep 2011 and left on 16th Oct 2011 even thought their I-94 was valid for 6 months. This is was the first visit to USA after stamping in India.

Now they want to visit me in April 2012 again. Should there be a minimum gap of some months between two visits defined by USCIS or CBP or this will be entirely defined by CBP officer on immigration counter.

Also let me know what do you suggest.

Thanks
    Shashank

I think 6 months gap is decent enough and also they didn't stay for long in their previous visit. So I would say, you guys are good. All the best.

Comment

No probs

i am assuming your parents have 10yr M visas, Since their last trip was not even a months they have far understayed their allowed permit and thus proved that they are not a potential immigrant and are unlikely to overstay again, so you can just buy tickets and visit again i do not anticipate any issues.

Issue of minimum gaps arise only when people stay their entire permit of 6 months and then reenter US for another stay, this sort of long stays by people are viewed by Immi Officials as intent of residence and not viewed for tourism purposes

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X