Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children Below 8 yrs ?

Hi All,

I've a small question I've two kids Daughter and a son 8yrs and 6 yrs respectively. I've 10 yrs B1/B2 US Visa. I like to apply for tourist visa for my children. Who has to accompany with the kids My Wife or me or both of us? If you have semilar experience please share.

Simultaneuosly My wife needs a B1/B2 herself too.

Thanks
    Subodh Tomar

If both of you can go , great but if not, your wife can take the kids with a no objection letter from you.

Comment

Similar Experience

Hello,

Thanks for that information. Can I use VFS services to atain my childrens visa? You had a similar kind of situation or experience may be?

Subodh

Comment

You will have to go through VFS just like an adult. Call them and they will tell you everything.

I posted a link for you but this forum deletes links ;

Go to US embassy new delhi nonimmigrant visas . On the left of the page
        click FAQs. Your question about child is answered there.

Comment

B1/b2

Thanks once again,

My wife will be applying B1/B2 where else my children as a tourist visa. what do you advise should we apply all together ? orelse we can apply my wife first and then the children?

What is the best approvable/acceptable visa situation

Please advise..

Comment

Tourist visa is also B1/B2 . They issue it combined (business + tourist) , so it can be used for any purpose.

So both kids and wife are applying for the same visa, so they will apply together.

Comment

I've 10yrs B1/B2

Hi,

I've 10 yrs B1/B2 for my self. You suggest I accompany them while they apply for visa? Do you think applying all together as a family, the visa officer will not suspect us as prospect family immigrant. All though we have strong family ties here in India.

Regards

Comment

When did you get your visa?
                Have your travelled on it?
                was it issued for business purpose?

Comment

My Visa

Hi,

I recieved my visa in Oct 2010. Yes I did travel on my visa last year June 2011 for 6 weeks. Yes it was purely on Business.

Comment

The embassy requires that both parents give consent for kids' visas . They have also provided for an exception that if one parent cannot come , he/she can give a no objection letter. But in your case, it will be better if you go to the interview too. The officers prefer that.

If you will say that all of you are going to US on a pleasure trip , then you must be able to show a very good income in India and a stable permanent job.
                    Because, in the absece of family ties, job and income will act as ties.

Also, you will have to show the plan of the trip;; package tour, thru a relative in US or own planning.
                    Last edited by peace999; 03-30-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X