Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Extension of Stay Possibility

Hi All,

We have booked tickets for my mom to come visit us in May and planned for her to stay for 5-6 months. But I recently found out that I have conceived and my due date is approximately in Nov. My mom's visit was planned for May-Oct, but I am in need of her from Nov to atleast 3 months. Can we go as per plan and get a extension for her, how possible is to get extension for her stay, I do not want to risk the delivery if she does not get an extension.

Please help in finding out how possible is to get her extension if she comes here as per plan? And what is the procedure to get it.

Thanks
    Padma

She can apply for an extension let us say 45 days after she arrives , detailing the reason.
    Usually parents get it approved, but no guarantees. There have been instances of parents being denied, especially if the reason is baby care .

2 options;

What she can do is apply 45 days after she arrives, citing reasons other than your pregnancy.
    That way she can hope to receive the response before her current stay expires ie. hoping the stay given is 6 months. The responses take a few months to come.

Or she can cancel the current ticket and rebook for later ( oct-nov). This seems to be the safer option. Because in the first option, if she is given an original stay of 3 months, the response to
    her extension application may come after her current stay has expired. ( you can get 3 or 6 months depending on the whim of the entry officer).
    Last edited by peace999; 03-29-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X