Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sponsored visitor visa - Invitation letter

Hi,
    My parents are applying for a B2 visa at the Chennai consulate in the next couple of weeks.
    They are applying as self sponsored. My question is regarding the invitation letter content.

I would like to remove the text in bold/underlined.
    Will this letter suffice?

============================================================ ==============
    I would like to invite both of you to the United States of America to stay with me for <six> months. It would be very nice to have you with me. During your course of stay, we would visit various tourist places in USA such as New York, Washington DC, Niagara Falls, Las Vegas, Disney Land and Florida.

During your stay in the United States, I will bear all your responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from INDIA to USA and back, travel expenses within USA, medical insurance, housing and food. You will stay with me in my apartment located at the above-mentioned address.

During your stay here, you will also get an opportunity to see and experience the western culture, meet different kinds of people and different variety of food. You will also enjoy the nice weather and the nice city I live in.

We would have a nice time together after a long time. So, please begin planning for the trip. I am eagerly waiting for you to visit me.

============================================================ ==============

Thanks in advance.
    Krishna

Address it to the visa officer and send it to your parents.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your name
    address, tel.

To
    THe Visa officer,
    US embassy/consulate
    xxx city
    India.

Dear sir,

I am working as xxxxx in xxxx company since xxxx month/yr drawing $ xxxx/ yr.
    My visa status in US is xxxxxx.
    I wish to invite my parents, xxxx names, to visit me for a pleasure trip for 3 months.
    They will stay at my house for the full duration of their stay.

I request you to grant them the visitor visa.

Enclosed are my passport and visa copies.

Truly

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ***

Make sure they have enough income for self-sponsorship .
    If they do not, and you decide to sponsor, then you will need to change the language of the letter .
    Last edited by peace999; 04-11-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your response peace999!
      My parents are retired for a few years now. They can show an average balance (savings, FD, etc) up to a sum of Rs. 12 lakhs together. Is that a reasonable amount for a 3 month trip?
      Apart from that, they do have immovable properties in each of thier's names.

Thanks
      Krishna

Comment

It is risky . 12 L is all their retirement money and for a 3 month trip it will cost them 3 L at least ,
        1/4 of the whole amount.
        The officer may not be assured.
        It is safer that you sponsor.
        Send an I-134 with financial papers ( tax return, bank statement)

Comment

What can be considered a reasonable bank balance if I need to sponsor my parents?
          I might be able to show a decent income but not great savings here in the USA. Will this be of any concern?

Comment

Income over $50k per yr should be safe to sponsor.
            I am not too sure about the bank balance part.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X