Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parents B2 visa denied. reapply for one parent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parents B2 visa denied. reapply for one parent?

Hi,

This is my case, my parents visitor visa got denied two days ago at the Mumbai Consulate. Following were the questions asked.

VO: Why do you want to go
    Father: To attend our daughter's graduation ceremony

VO: which univ?
    Father: University of Southern Calif

VO: How many kids do you have?
    Mother: two, one in US other in India doing her bachelors in Archi

VO: Where is your duaghter in US?
    Father: portland,

VO: WHat is she doing there?
    Father: WOrking with Intel Corporation (I am not sure if he mentioned "intership")

VO: What do you do?
    Father: Retired School Teacher

VO: Sorry your Visa is denied.

Analyzing their interview I felt there were several loop holes,
    i. My father is retired: And I had mentioned that as primary occupation in DS 160 rather than Agriculture/Tuition as his primary occupation. his annual income is some where around 3.8L including agri , tuition and interest on FD's but VO didnt ask these details.
    ii. I am working with an MNC, so may be the VO thought My parents will not come back.
    iii. My parents could have answered more confidently.
    iv. I am a Patel( I strongly believed that VO would NEVER be against any surname but I am scared it might have created a bad impression in my case)

My father told me that the VO was not very interactive, he was just reading the questions from the screen and typing down the answers so he strongly felt that the outcome of denial was pre decided.

Now my graduation is on 11th May and I really want them to come. I am thinking if both of them reapply for next week, they may reject it again. So is it advisable for just one parent to reapply for the VISA? And come for a 2/3 week short trip? For whom it would be more sensible to reapply first; for Mother(House wife) or Father(Retired Teached). If one them gets the visa I can reapply for the other one when my VISA status changes to H-1( I see a very low chance of both getting the VISA while I am on H-1)

I am very very thankful to Immihelp for the advice. . Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Please guide me. . .my grad ceremony date is fast approaching. I am still in doubt to reapply for one of my parents visa. . .they have no intensions of staying here for more than a month. . . how do they convince the VO. . Please help me out. .your guidance is highly appreciated. . .

thanks,

Comment

visitor visa decisions are not made completely rationally.

In your case, your dad's retired status was probably responsible.
      I think you should forget about them attending graduation.
      Reapplying hurriedly ( even if mother only) will get another denial when the situation hasn't changed much.

The important point is your dad showing some kind of strong income / work ties.
      3.8 lacs/ yr is not good enough. Can your dad work towards improving his agri business?
      A few months later your mother can apply showing she is going alone to visit you because
      your dad is busy developing his agri business ( show proof).
      That is the best I can think of.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will ask them to work on the income part. Thanks a million for the advice.

Comment

Is there a limit to a number of denials one can have for visitor visa in a year?

Comment

@Jalpa: Did you try the second time? Can you please let me know if you did and if possible the outcome. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello jalpa888,

Did your parents re-apply for visitor's visa? Was their visa approved?

I am sailing in same boat. My in-law applied for visa to attend Grad ceremony. Visa got denied ..reason I am still guessing.

We are planning to re-apply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X