Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Entry is different from the Invitation letter

Hi,

I am planning for my Parents visit in next month. Currently I am in Houston and I have sent invitation letter with Houston address.

As I am also planning for trip with them to New York, DC and Niagara, just wanted to check if it is fine for my parents to come to New York directly instead of Houston? I will be there in New York that day and after completing our trip we will come back to Houston.

Will there be any issue if I book ticket for my parents from Bangalore to New York and return ticket from Houston to Bangalore?

Will there be any issue if they land in different airport than the address provided in invitation letter?

It will be great help if you could answer this as I am planning their trip along with mine.

It is a trivial issue and not at all a cause for worry. Yes, they can enter at NYC. There is no rule that they cannot.
    A lot of people have connecting flights from NYC but they have to clear immigration at NYC.

And for all practical purposes;
    Immigration officers do not check each visitor's invitation letter, they just ask the purpose and the duration. Even if they do check, your parents can just say they are visiting NYC first and then proceeding to houston.

No problems.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X