Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa For my Widow Mom and Brother

Hi,
    I need urgent help. My brother is police officer and has been working for state govt for past 8 years. He also owes 18 acres of land and derives income of 12 lakh. My brother is not married but is engaged for past 6 months. My Mom is widow and agriculturist and owes 35 acres of land and derives income in excess of 12 lakh. I have my grand parents who live with us but they can't come as they are too old. My mom and brother are coming on my graduation (MBA). Any suggestions will highly be appreciated. They are applying together. We don't have any written proof of my grandparents living with us or for my brother's engagement
    Last edited by kamalsandhu; 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM.

Usually, widows find it difficult to get visitor visas.
    Also, your brother being not married yet, may find it difficult.

If they still want to try;

Is the land and the 12 lacs each they earn documented or not documented ( tax returns) ?

If it is , they should show self funding of the trip. Also,when asked how long they want to stay, they should say brother - 2 weeks ( he should be able to show vacation and NOC from govt job) and mother - 2 months.
    Brother should take pictures of engagement ceremony with him, just in case they ask.

Comment

B2 Visa for my widow mom and brother

Thanks a ton for your quick response.
      We can show pics of engagement. And agriculture income is tax exempted, but we have J forms (income proof from agriculture) and property documents. Each of them have income of 12 lakhs. And moreover they have their salary certificates. Property worth is really good. So, current govt. job of my brother doesn't make strong case that he might not be possible immigrant? And in filling out DS-160 they have already stated stay of 1 month for both? What are few things on which we can emphasize in interview to make our case strong? And they have shown self funding in DS 160 as they withdraw good income. My brother's age is 32 and my mom is 62. Moreover DS160 form doesn't give an option of Engaged, so will it be fine if we state that he is not single (In DS160, we have stated that he is single)
      Last edited by kamalsandhu; 04-22-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Actually, there is not much chance to emphasize/ volunteer info on your own. It is basically a few standard questions and answers and the decision is made ;

, what do you do, what is your income, how long have you been working in the job, how long do you want to go for, who is funding the trip?

What one can do is insert info to the answers.
        When the officer asks about income to your bro, he must say, his total family income incuding his salary is more than 25 lacs. 'We have a lot of agri land'.

About " engaged' he may not get a chance to say that . Because, the officer will read the single status from the DS 160 and may not ask anymore about it. If your brother can somehow squeeze his engaged status to other answers, it may work.

YOu should not say he is not single when you have mentioned single status in the form.

Comment

Really appreciate your help in this regard.

My final query, We haven't applied for NOC or Leave application for brother till now and don't have much time to do now. Do you think we should re-schedule appointment and get it? If not what we can say to visa officer about this? We thought that once we will get visa, it should not be a problem to get leave as my brother is in really good books. Does Re-scheduling of appointment can raise some eyebrows? or it has no impact at all? Shall I get separate CA reports for them or just one is good. My mom doesn't speak English, and interview is in english, so my brother will be speaking on behalf of her. I will update my experience soon and will try to share all vital info.

With Regards
          kamal

Comment

NOC for a govt. employee is a must. And you have to show leave at the interview.

You have to reschedule. It won't have any impact.
            USually the officers don't look at CA statements. But if they do, one is enough.

Comment

Hi,
              What do you think would be sufficient bank balance in my case. Right now my mom and brother together have 7-8 lakh in savings. We will be expecting another 10 lakh from agriculture but that won't happen before interview. How we can handle this? And according to their interview date, they will have just 13 days to travel. Does it make case little weak that you don't have enough time for the prepration? Can I make changes to DS160 form while re-scheduling the appointment and put the new confirmation number while taking an appointment? If we submit new DS160, do visa officer will have access to both forms or changes made to it?
              Last edited by kamalsandhu; 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

actually they mainly ask about your income and decide on that.
                they rarely ask about bank balances because people can borrow and build up bank balances.

13 days is a trivial thing , they won't care for that. But your bro must be able to get an NOC before your appointment.

I am sorry I donot know about rescheduling or submitting a new DS 160. You can call VFS , they know everything about DS 160 and rescheduling.
                Last edited by peace999; 04-23-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I rescheduled appointment and my brother is getting NOC and Leave. Don't have words to express my gratitude to immihelp. Will shoot more questions if required. Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                    I have a question. If visa officer asks about travel plans, Do you think it will be good decision to disclose that we might go to Canada as well. I was thinking that my brother and mom would love to go to Toronto and I know that they can't come back to USA from Canada, so they would come back to India from Canada. Will highly appreciate any info in this regard

Comment

Do they have a canadian visa? If yes, they can spend less than 30 days in canada and
                      return to US on the same I-94 card if still valid.

Comment

No they don't have Canadian Visa, but they will apply when they will come to USA. My question is, what impact does this information can have on Visa Officer? Positive or negative?

Comment

Since they do not have a canadian visa, they should not mention canada trip to the visa officer.

Comment

Hi,
                            Have really important question? As my brother have a govt job (police officer) and my family has lot of agriculture land. At what points in interview we should offer documents to visa officer? I am confused, I haven't got straight cut rule in this forum about this. Some people say that we should support it by docs whenever possible because you never know, once visa officer says no, then he won't look at them at all. At the same time we don't want to frustrate officer by offering him docs when actually he hasn't asked for any. Whatever we are saying is truth and is well supported by docs. My brother and my mom both are self sponsoring their stay as they both withdraw approx. 12 lakhs per annum. My brother and my mom will be here for 22 days only as they have to go back to take care of grand parents and get started with new agriculture season. This is how I am planning to go for it:

VO: Why are you going?
                            Brother: For my brother's convocation. (offer him Letter of Invitation from University)

VO:How long you will stay?
                            Brother: 3 Weeks (offer him NOC and application Leave for 22 days)

VO: How much you earn?
                            Brother: I earn 12 lakh combined from my job and agriculture land. We have 60 acres of land, so our family income is more than 25 lakhs. (offer him CA report)
                            Please let me know if this is a good approach?
                            Last edited by kamalsandhu; 04-28-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                              Have really important question? As my brother have a govt job (police officer) and my family has lot of agriculture land. At what points in interview we should offer documents to visa officer? I am confused, I haven't got straight cut rule in this forum about this. Some people say that we should support it by docs whenever possible because you never know, once visa officer says no, then he won't look at them at all. At the same time we don't want to frustrate officer by offering him docs when actually he hasn't asked for any. Whatever we are saying is truth and is well supported by docs. My brother and my mom both are self sponsoring their stay as they both withdraw approx. 12 lakhs per annum. My brother and my mom will be here for 22 days only as they have to go back to take care of grand parents and get started with new agriculture season. This is how I am planning to go for it:

VO: Why are you going?
                              Brother: For my brother's convocation. (offer him Letter of Invitation from University)

VO:How long you will stay?
                              Brother: 3 Weeks (offer him NOC and application Leave for 22 days)

VO: How much you earn?
                              Brother: I earn 12 lakh combined from my job and agriculture land. We have 60 acres of land, so our family income is more than 25 lakhs. (offer him CA report)
                              Please let me know if this is a good approach?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X