Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents' B2 visa rejected under 214b

Hello all !

My parents had visitor's visa interview on April 30, 2012 in Marathi at Mumbai. I am the only child (daughter) and I am currently on H4 visa. My husband is on H1B and he is sponsoring their trip, we had planned a 2 month stay: purely for tourism . We have not applied for green card. The visa officer asked my father his name, his occupation, his annual income and number of children. My father is a family physician and has a very successful practice for last 38 years. After hearing that I am the only daughter, the officer said they can't get the visa under section 214b.

1) How long shall I wait before reapplying for visitor's visa for my parents again?
    2) What changes need to be made in the documents to show strong ties/ parents will return to India?
    3) Has anyone of you had such experience before? If yes, please share and do let me know what changes did you make and how many attempts were required to get the visitor's visa.

Your valuable guidance is welcome ! Please do let me know. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    G.K. Shevatekar.

The main reason for denial; only child in US; you cannot change that .

What income did he tell the officer?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X