Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Class for Graduation Walk

Hi,

I want to invite my parents to attend my graduation walk and for Tourism. I will be sponsoring their visit. While filling the DS-160 form I cannot determine which is more appropriate option:

1. Tourism (B2)
    2. Business & Personal (B1/B2)

Since they are coming for graduation, I want to put Personal for visa category. But their visa got rejected once, so I am thinking that Tourism will be a more appropriate option so that VO will think their visit to various places in US will generate money for the country through tourism.

Please advice.

Thanks

It does not really matter because the basis of denial is usually lack of ties to home country.

You can safely opt for option 1 (B2)

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I really dont understand their process. I have a younger brother back in India who is financially dependent on my parents and they have sufficient property and a business to show ties in India.

Comment

Yes, their process is not uniformly rational. It seems like they have a '"denial" quota or something.

What is your parents' story?

Comment

I am on F1 and currently working on OPT. My husband has been on H1 for 4 years. My father does not have liquid assets but he has been running a business for past 30 years and has decent amount of property under his name.

Since I am on F1 we decided to put my husband's name as sponsor. But then there is no option in DS160 form to explain my husband's relationship with my parents. And the VO did not ask any questions related to my husband, so she never realized that it is their son-in law sponsoring the trip. She might have thought it is some random person in the sponsor name.

So this time I am inclined to put myself as sponsor. But not sure if they will doubt my capability to sponsor my parents as I am on F1

What do you think? I should sponsor or my husband?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X