Parent's visa denied twice - Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent's visa denied twice - Mumbai

My parents had applied for tourist visa in June 2011 at Mumbai consulate. At that time I was on H4 visa and we showed my husband sponsored the trip in DS160. My younger brother is studying in Canada. We thought these two were the reasons for rejection. Here are the questions for 1st interview:

1. Why do you want to go to USA?
    - Tourism and to see our daughter

2. What do you do?
    - Ciivil Engineer. Work for State Government of India.

3. What does your wife do? (my mother)
    - She takes Yoga classes.

4. What does your daughter and son-in-law do in USA?
    - answered.

5. When did they go to USA and when did they visit India last time?
    - answered

6. Do you have any other children? What do they do?
    - Son. He is studying in Canada

Visa was rejected after this question. This time we reapplied after almost a year on 4th May 2012. I also called the senator's office in US and explained them the case. The lady over the phone asked me to send a list of documents that will prove strong ties to the country of origin. Both of my parents own houses in India, my father is still working, have enough bank balance and my grand parents stay with them. I send the list of documents. We showed that my parents are self sponsoring this time. I am on H1 visa now and send all my documents. Questions asked this time:

1. Why do you want to go to USA?
    - Tourism and to see our daughter

2. What do you do?
    - same answer as 1st time.

3. Who do you have in USA? What do they do?
    - Daughter and son-in-law. Works for XYZ company as ZZZ.

4. Do they have green card?
    - No. they are working on H1B visa

Thats it. Visa was rejected. This time they didn't even ask about other children etc. What could be the reason in that case? and everywhere on the forums it is mentioned that there should be a change in your condition when you reapply. What change should it be in our case? I dont understand.

Will it help if they apply from Canada? They can go to Canada and apply from there. I was thinking about applying separately but now I dont think even that will help. Its just too much work to be rejected every single time. And how soon should we apply next time? Please advise.

They have to declared visa quota like H1b every year so we can understand insted of blaming our-self...Retired, H4, only son/daughter, PATEL, widow-er mother/father...

Comment

Parent's Visitor Visa Denied

Hi
      I have similer case.
      I am sponsoring my Parents for USA visit but Visitor visa (B2) was rejected twice in last 3 months. First time it was rejected because visa office was not clear with my status and parents did missed out to show my H1B approval. 2nd time visa officer didn’t ask anything for my status..Just asked couple of basic question and rejected. Both the time 214B was given that says lack of strong tie which is senseless.
      Mom has her husband, younger son, daughter, grandsons, brother-sister, mother, infact whole family there in india, she has her house and property there. I don’t believe that all these are not enough to show strong tie. It seems that their visa got rejected without proper consideration.

I am planning to give one more try; and I have following questions:

1- By blocking air ticket and booking hotel at different location will help ?
      2- should we mentioned in application that My wife is pregnant ?
      3- Should I show my mom as working? dad runs a business on her name ?
      4- I didn’t show #2 and #3 in previous application so showing this time is okay and useful?

Any help/advice on this will be a great help.

- Snehal

Comment

@dreams1112: so true! why dont they just conduct a lottery instead of troubling us and go through all the pain and then say 'no'. that way we dont have to wonder whats wrong with our application. It just doesn't make any sense. and just saying 214b doesn't give us any idea. We just keep coming up with our own ideas of why they might have rejected the visa.

Contrary to our beliefe that because both me and my brother are outside India, they might have rejected the visa, my husband is the only son of his parents and they got the visa couple of months back. The only difference was they have travelled to Singapore, Malaysia before. Does it help if you have travelled to other countries before applying for US visa? Will it help if we apply for tourist visa from Canada? Please advise.

Comment

Hi shwetapatil did your parents get visa let on? I am in a similar situation. Please respond if you see this query. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X