Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa interview waiver

Sir,
    Our ten year visas have expired in March 2012..we have visited only once in 2002.
    As we have a function to be attended,visas need to be renewed,We both are retired.
    As per Immihelp and VFS websites,we can apply for renewal through the Visa interview waiver program.[[B] as We fulfil all the questions in the VFS checklist ,for the above programme and qualify.We would like to proceed this way.
    We were not finger printed in 2002 and we understand,we may be asked to visit consulate for the same,when we are called.
    We have one child only,who is USC .
    Now my query is: In our case, do we have to enclose any sponsor docs,financial papers etc along with the docs detailed in VFS checklist?
    (we know for sure no such sponsor doc is required in this VIWProgram.Just making sure)
    Or the requested docs are adequate for the purpose?
    Or will the consulate ask us to submit any docs at the time of ten printing?
    Request your valued views.Thanks
    Last edited by virgopal; 05-11-2012, 10:43 AM.

There is no need to submit anything other than mandatory documents listed.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Thanks sir for this quick response and for clearing my doubt.I will proceed by submitting the mandatory docs as advised.
      Immihelp surely is helpful.

Comment

Visa interview waiver

I need some clarifications for filling out the DS 160 form.
        1.We are applying under the Visa interview program,for which we qualify as earlier stated in my posts.
        Surname: .. **** **. Can be filled as MUR as letters THY couldnt be accomodated,only due to lack of fields.Is it ok to submit form?
        Last edited by virgopal; 05-14-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

So your last name is too long? Fill it as much as you can.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Surname

So your last name is too long? Fill it as much as you can.
            Yes..passport surname is very long.After filling all fields,still three letters are left out.Do you think ,they will accept it ?Shall I proceed by completing the form submission?
            Pl advise.

Comment

Interview waiver program

After getting all our(self and wife)doubts clarified,reg visitor visa under the above ,let me inform you that our visa were approved and we received it on 6th June by Blue Dart courier.
              The whole procedure is simple and efficiently dealt by US consulate,Chennai.
              Experience(for benefit of others) and procedur:
              1.Applied online via DS160 and took CEAC bar code.
              2.paid visa fees at HDFC bank and collected bar coded receipt.
              3.after filling VFS form to evaluate eligibility for interview waiver, We submitted passport,along with CEAC barcode and HDFC fee rcpt and one photo(as per their standards),at VFS visa applicn centre at Bangalore.not much rush as it was monday.Got appointment for May 25 at chennai.
              4.visited consulate with appointment letter on 25 th,and stood in Q to submit ten printing (finger prints).Elaborate security checks and went inside lounge.Were called to counter and gave our 10 finger prints
              we were told we vill get our PP in one week.
              Received SMS fr VFS ,that it is being couriers tho blu dart.Checked in website too.
              Finally on 5th June recd visa for 10 yrs,multiple entry.
              Experience ,both at VFS office,Blore and Chennai condsulate were just pleasant.
              In a word,let me thank the Admin,Immihelp,Senior members kabkaba. and peace999 for guiding me in every stp and clarifying during DS 160 filling. Counselling.
              Both self and wife are grateful for their efforts.
              Last edited by virgopal; 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X