Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father retired, but still works on honorary basis.....Please advise

Hello,

My father has retired from his job last year. He worked as a Professor of Public Administration and used to advise PHD students for their PHD thesis. University (to which he was affiliated) allowed students to register him as their guide till the month he retired. However, these students take around 3 years to finish their PHDs. So currently, even though he is retired, he is advising around 7 students for their PHDs. When he filled the application form, he mentioned profession as 'retired'. Now, he got a letter from University saying he still advises PHD students on honorary basis. When he goes for interview, if he tells he is still advising PHD students on honorary basis, would that be a problem? Can the officer say how come he is retired, but still advising? Would officer believe that he is providing true information?

I am sponsoring my parents’ visa. Someone advised them that he should have 7-8 lakhs in bank. Is that true? If not how much money should he have in bank?

My grand dad (mother's father) stays with my parents. However, we do not have any document to support that (e.g. ration card. His name is not there on my parents' ration card). If they mention that my mother has old father and they are taking care of him, would they have to provide any documents to support that?

I have only one sister and she is married, my father is retired and my mother is housewife. My old grand dad is one of their responsibilities. My dad also has a lot of property. Would be strong enough case? Is there any other point that he could make to prove strong ties back home?

Please help. I would deeply appreciate your help.

Thanks

1) If the letter also says that he has retired since <date>, then it should not be a problem.
    2) If you are sponsoring, then you need to show sufficient funds, and not your father.
    3) Document may or may not be asked. Since you don't have any documentation, I think as a next best option it might help to have a group photo of your parents along with your grandfather in your house settings.
    4) Seems to be strong if supported by documentation. Also the proof of his advising PhD students could also be a part of ties back home.

HTH

Comment

1.He should tell that he helps for these PHD people but not full time work it is honurary work after retirement

2.He should prepare Ccharted account letter with property documents as support of evidence

3.He can mention about your grandfather in his affidavit and can take his Family pictures with them for interview

4.You prepare documentation from this site and embassy

I feel there is not problem.Goodluck to your parents

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X