Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is form I 134 ONLY for blood relatives? Can a friend sponsor fill it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is form I 134 ONLY for blood relatives? Can a friend sponsor fill it?

So I'm applying for a tourist visa to the US.

I have a friend there (married with 3 kids) who agreed to sponsor my board and lodge.

Can she fill Form I 134 for me?

Some visa agents here said that this form is ONLY for blood relatives? Is that true?

Regards,
    Gideon

Anybody can file but a friend filing is totally not recommended.
    Also, please note that I-134 is not mandatory and in a lot of cases it is counterproductive.

The reason;
    *By showing a friend's I-134 , you are admitting to the officer that you do not have strong income ties to home country ( a reson for denial), so you cannot fund your own trip.
    *And going to visit a friend when you do not have strong income
    is in itself frivolous ( another reason for denial).

.You must show strong ties to home country ( stable job, business, strong income)
    And then you will not need an I-134. You can show self funding.

Comment

thanks very much for your reply.

Could I just ask, how much is enough? Someone said I need about $150 dollars a day for everyday I'm staying. (I'm staying for just about 7-10 days)

So what if I can show more than that money and an invitation from my friend to visit and stay at her place? (Do I still need to give them her tax records and stuff?) Or Should I shorten my stay?

Comment

You have not read my last post carefully.

They do not look at your bank balance .

The most important thing that they look at is if
        you have a stable job, strong income , family at home so you will come back.

By the way, what country are you in ? Are you married? Any kids? Do you have a stable
        job, good income at home?

Comment

I see.

Unfortunately I'm an Indian in India, unmarried (no kids of-course) and I'm almost 22.

However, I am a senior software engineer, I earn quite well. I also have owned a small software business for 2 years now and have a pending contracts with india's largest bank.

I have a pastor father who is 62, a mother with a very stable job and a little sister in college. Also, I'm enrolled in a distance program with Mumbai University.

How does all this sound?

Thanks a million for your replies.
          -Gideon

Comment

Honest advice;

In your case the only way of success is you going on a business visit related
            to your software work.

Going to visit a friend is a very casual purpose and you being young and single
            will surely be denied if you go with that purpose.
            Last edited by peace999; 05-14-2012, 01:57 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X