My visa predicament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My visa predicament

Hi My father was a US citizen (died) and had filed an immigrant pettion on behalf of his family. Our petitions had been cancelled as my father had died. My family never wished to immigrate however we just wanted to make my dad happy. We were given forms after our petition was cancelled to apply for widows visa. We never applied.
    We were given single entry visas to go abroad (US) to attend his funeral. We went and all returned.
    I went to apply for a b2 visa three years later and was denied. I was told that it is difficult for young persons like myself who had immigrant petitions once filed on my behalf, to get through for a visa b1/b. At this time I was 23 years old, not married, working, did not own property. I was very disappointed when I was denied, however I sort of understand now.

This point in my life I am married (5 years), have one (1) child, own land, on a rent lease and have a permanent job.
    Can you give me advice. I would like to apply again, however I am scared. I dont want to be denied. Do you think my chances are good. I still fear I will be judged because I had an immigrant visa filed on my behalf once. Is there any successful cases where persons have had petitions onced filed for them but was cancelled still being able to later acquire a b1/b2 visa??????

*What is your specific purpose to get a visitor visa?
    I mean, do you have any relatives in US you want to visit?
    or you wish to go on a pleasure trip with your husband and child?
    Last edited by peace999; 05-15-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      *What is your specific purpose to get a visitor visa?
      I mean, do you have any relatives in US you want to visit?
      or you wish to go on a pleasure trip with your husband and child?
      Apply for tourist can!

Comment

Purpose

I want to travel alone for now to visit my grand mom and other relatives in the US.

Comment

Actually , it all depends on the officer.
          You stand a good chance since the petition was years ago. And now you have ties to your home country. If you can show very good money ( savings and income), chances will increase.

Comment

thanks for the response

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X