Procedures followed at Delhi Embassy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedures followed at Delhi Embassy.

Recently, my mother got US visitor visa for 10yrs multiple entry from Delhi embassy. Let me try to give a detailed account of the procedures followed. It has already been given before by one of the members here but there was slight change in our case so I thought I would like to share with you all. The info put up by admins and members at this site had been of tremendous help.
    1. Report at the US embassy gate number 6 for visa 15 mins prior to the appointment time. If you reach early then you have to wait away from the embassy.
    2. The security guard checks the Appointment letter and the Passport and ticks the entry in his register. From now on, the relatives/friends are told to stay away from the area.
    3. There are 4 to 5 counters where the queue proceeds to. These counters are outside the embassy gate. At the counter, you deposit the DS156, Passport and drafts for Rs.4400/- and 2200/-. The officer at the counter asks you to wait near the counter for a while. He does some processing and calls out your name. He hands you back the Passport, and DS156 with 2 receipts of Rs.4400/- attached to it. The officer at this counter would also ask you whether you want to take the interview in Hindi or English. There are separate counters and queue inside for Hindi and English. Now you approach the entrance gate of the embassy and wait till your name is called out to enter the embassy building.
    4. Once inside the building, the security check is done and Passport is again checked.
    5. Thereafter the finger printing is done.
    6. There is counter in the center of the hall where one deposits the Rs.441/- draft and the receipts are again put on the DS156. At this counter you can also ask few queries and directions if you need.
    7. When you are asked to appear for the interview…….you reach a counter which has a glass partition with a space below to slide the documents in. The officer sits at the counter with the glass partion in front to take the interview and you give the interview at the counter standing. DS156 with receipts, DS157, & Passports are given to the officer. Thereafter the interview proceeds and further docs if required are checked.
    8. After the interview, the officer would give you 2 receipts for Rs. 4400/- and 441/- and also a slip. Thereafter, this slip is to be attached to an envelope on which you write your mailing address. This is done after the interview near the central counter in the hall. If you have problem in writing the address…..you are allowed to go out and take help of your relative/friend to write out the address and come back and deposit the same.

Parking: You are not allowed to park your cars near the embassy. For parking you have to go about 1 km or so near a market which has a parking place.
    Relatives/Friends: They have to wait away from the embassy. They can view the queue from distance but can not approach near the outside counters. You will have to sit either on pavements or on the narrow stretch of grass running along the pavement away from the embassy.
    Time taken: It varies. For my mom it took half an hour outside and about an hour inside the interview hall. All was over in one and a half hour. But there were guys there waiting inside for more than 2 hours also. May they had some complications. I think filling up the on line DS156 helps in speeding up the process.
    Language: It’s not a problem at all since they ask you whether you want to take the interview in Hindi or English.

I hope that helps and wish everyone good luck for their visas.
    Best wishes.
    Atul.

Congratulations.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X