Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi,

My parents had an appointment at the chennai consulate on the 21 Apr 05 for a Vistors visa. They had earlier visited us in 2001 for 2 months under a visitors visa which was valid for 1 year. As this was the second visit, we were thinking that the application process would be smooth.

The consular officer, interviewed both my parents and told them to pay the fees as the visa was granted. However, while walking to the fee counter, they were recalled and told that the decision was being reveresed as computer records showed that my father had been sponsered by his sister in 1989 for a immigrant visa. Also, the officer had noticed that the application indicated non presence of brothers & sisters in the US. This was clearly a mistake made during the process of filling up the forms in haste as my mother does not have any brothers and sisters in the us. The 2001 visa were stamped as 'cancelled without prejudice'.

I have asked them to reappear for a interview next Monday. Any advice on how to improve our chances would be appreciated

This is a problem.

You should fill out the application very clearly and you should always be consistent and always tell truth on the application.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X