Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Visitor Visa while at India

Hi,

Currently I am working in Arizona, USA on L1 Visa. I am planing to invite my mother for 3-4 months on visitor visa (B2). I have her visa appointment with the consulate in August. But now situation has come in my work, in which I may have to go back and work from India for some time. I may have to return by June end and may be in India during my mother's interview at consulate. I am planning to get all the visitor visa related papers ready for my mother before I leave.
    Now I have following questions,
    1. Is it mandatory that the invitee should be residing in USA for the visitor to get US visa during their visit to Consulate.

If no, do we have provide some other document that I will be going back again, to enable her get visa.

What are other complications that may arise in this situation. Please let me k now and how can I overcome that.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
    Nagaraj

I feel it is better you plan her interview after you arrive.They see who are there and what status if she is just going with in a week after your arrival she can say my son came for vacation i would like to go with him.but i feel still it is very risky.Your choice

Comment

This is a debatable situation. Though I know of a friend who successfully obtained visa (from Mumbai) for his mother in same situation (except that he went on a vacation instead of to work from India). To top it, his mother was a widow and he was the only son. BTW this info is from Dec 2003.

Comment

I am working for an Indian company. Still can I have mother specify that I am on vacation for few weeks and going back. And she can join along with me.
        My mother is a widow and I am the only son but my sister is working in India with family.
        Let me know if any of your friends faced the similar situation. Also I read in I-134 form that if we are not in US, we can also go to US consulate for getting the letter signed. Has any body done that so far ? Please let me know.

Thanks,
        Nagaraj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X