Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help required !!!! Wrong info filled in DS 160 and submitted

HI ,

wrong information regarding date of birth filled in the DS 160 form and a very crucial question was answered no instead of yes

Has anyone ever filed an immigation petition on your behalf - Yes

I have submitted as no

I am extremely worried as i have an interview date scheduled at 9 June and WILL THIS WRONG INFO IMPACT MY VISA APPROVAL ???????

PLEASE HELP AND ANSWER IF ANYONE IN SIMILAR SITUATION ....

i was informed by my agent to not go for an appointment and do a ''NO SHOW "" and then fill a NEW ds 160 form with correct info and then reschedule the appointment with the reactivation of the HDFC receipt .....

I feel chances are NIL but genuinely this was mistakenly written .....PLS HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call up the local VFS Helpdesk and see if they can correct it. If not, cancel the appointment and take a fresh one, its better than doing a NO-SHOW. This is my opinion, do seek expert opinion too.

Comment

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply ...however the timeline to cancel the appointment is lapsed .its 4 working days and i have only 2 working days .Hence the agent advised doing a no show and fill a new DS 160 form altogether and then take a new appointment ???

Almost feel chance to get the visa is NIL ..

Comment

Please read FAQ at vfs: Que:11

If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, you will be required to cancel the appointment and schedule a new appointment with the new barcode number. In case of a minor spelling error, you may go to your interview and inform the interviewing officer of the error without completing a new form. Please make sure you take the appropriate step as requested.

Comment

Call VFS, they will tell you the best course of action.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies ....Its a very tricky situation though ....

I did a No show today didnt turn up for the interview and will fill a new DS form and schedule a new appointment altogether .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X