Visitors Visa B2 - Mom's visa got rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors Visa B2 - Mom's visa got rejected

My Mom's visa got rejected in May 2012 at Hyderabad consulate. This is her background she is 59 years old Widow(My dad past away 18 years back). I sponsered her (me and my husband were both US Citizens and we are govt. employees). These ae the questions asked by VO Officer during her interview; Who is living in US?(She replied my daughter and son-in-law), Are they working?( Yes, they are working for xxxx & yyyy). Do you have insurance? (She replied she doesn't have). That's it she got her passport back with rejection slip 214b. They did not even see her documents or did not even ask her how many childeren she have(she has other two children living in India).

Is it worth applying for the second time - visitors visa based on her situation? She was so disappointed for the first time. I want her to come here so badly atleast once.... If at all I apply this time I would like to apply her as a self sponser. Is it enough to show her property which is worth 2 crores(land, house, shop....) and bank balance 8 lakhs and yearly income 3 lakhs per annum(from rental and agriculture). We can sponsor her green card she does not have any intention to live in US(I also do not know how long the process takes)?

Any advice or suggestion will be greatly appriciated.........

Widow and mother of USC; Let us face it; it is going to be very difficult for her to get a visitor visa.
    If you guys were not USCs , she could have tried again. Widows have succeeded on repeated attempts.
    Technically , when in US, parents of USCs can adjust status to green card from visitor in a matter of months.So they put most parents of USCs in one basket and deny them visitor visas.

Filing an I-130( immigrant petition) in US , the whole process takes about 10-12 months from filing to she getting her visa in India. The only thing here is she will have to maintain her gc by staying 6-7 months in US each year. Anyways, a lot of parents do that on a visitor visa.

Comment

Thanks for the reply I really appriciate it.

Comment

My SIS and BIL want to visit US. My BIL he has B2 visa for 10 years and he is govt. doc. Can my SIS apply B2 Visa without me sponsering(I think I will of no use for her). I think it will be best if she applied by her self. Will there will be any issues by not mentioning my name. What should she choose for profession house wife or agriculture(she has some land) please advice.

Thank you any advice is greatly appriciated.....

Comment

*She will have to say that she is coming to meet you. You will have to send her an invitation
          letter, stating that you are inviting your sis and BIL , names ... for xxx period.
          *She will have to say that her huband is going too and she should show his visa copy.
          *She can show that funding is through family income, if their family income from all sources is
          strong (more than 1L per month).
          * She can show herself as housewife. Owning land does not imply occupation is agriculture.

Comment

The only reson I do not want to sponser is that me being USC might effect her. Family income from all sources will be around 78,0000 per month. Even if they are coming for tour they still have to say my name, they want to travel in a package tour which she can't stop at my place for 20 days. Please advice.....

Thank you Peace999.....

Comment

They will have to mention your name on the form.
              One must declare blood relations ( spouse, parents, children, siblings) on any visa in US.
              So, if they want to deny her on the basis of your being a USC, they will do it anyway, no matter
              who sponsors.

The pupose has to be natural too.
              Going on a package tour when your sis is in US , seems unnatural .
              Going to meet sis is a natural purpose.
              78k income is risky to show self funding even if they show package tour.

By the way, when your BIL got the visa , did he show self funding or somebody sent sponsorship?

Comment

Did your BIL get his visa by showing 78k income?
                Also what purpose did he show initially?

Since it is hit and trial, and if you are sending sponsorship , send your mother with your
                sis, maybe one of them will get it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X