Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our visa was rejected on 12th at Mumbai consulate

Hi guys
    Me, my wife and my infant daughter went for an interview on 12th June at Mumbai consulate. VO asked few questions to me while checking something on his computer....

VO: why are you going to US?
    Me: For tourism, to go on holidays

VO: Where are you going to US?
    Me: We will be going Missouri city, Texas

VO: What do you do?
    Me: I run a company named ABC since 2007 which is basically web design and development company with a staff of 16 professionals

VO: Have you even been in US before?
    Me: No

VO: Do you know somebody in US?
    Me: Yes, a friend named Mr XYZ

VO: How do you know Mr XYZ?
    Me: My company has been developing a software for him since last 2 years and while working together we became good friends.

VO: What's Mr XYZ;s company's name?
    Me: XYZ solutions

VO: Why US?
    Me: He visited us(India) in March and he proposed me that July will be the best time to visit US as his family will have summer vacations and they can also spent some time with us. I thought why not take this trip.

VO: How much do you earn?
    Me: Instead of drawing whole profit for my individual use. I take 30k to 40k per month to support my family

VO: (To my wife) What do you do Madam?
    My wife: I am housewife

And then he removed sticker from my passport and give me the white slip saying that "I am sorry, I cant grant you visa this time, Thank you"

I replied with smile "Thank you"

I answer all questions confidently with smile and was able to understand him very properly as I do work with many American clients and have no problem understanding their accent and also I speak clearly which they understand very well.

Now I don't understand what was the deny reason. He never ask for a single document. Although I had invitation letter, I-134 and IT returns from my friend as support. I was self sponsoring this trip though. I had all the documents with me like my IT returns, company registration license, Bank statement with very good balance. But he just asked the questions and reject our visa.

Please advice me guys if you can so I can know what is the weak point. Should I apply single first for business reason and get a visa for myself first? (May be he thought we were going to migrate as we all 3 were going to US)

Thanks in advance.

The way you applied was suicidal ( no offence).
    Only If you had posted here before applying, it would have been different.

Strong income in India is extremely important for a visitor visa. Especially when you are going on a casual trip.
    1. You asked for your friend's sponsorship( I-134)
    2.You only mentioned 30-40k as your income.

Both these show to the officer that you do not earn enough in India and all
    3 of you going, you may settle in US with your friend's help.

Now your income is in their record, you will have to wait some time even if you want to go for a business visit.
    A business visit is the best way to go, if you can arrange a genuine one.

Comment

Hi

Hi
      Thanks for your quick reply. I agree with you. Actually my friend is American (born American) and I wanted to show this trip as sponsored trip. But my Visa agent told me not to show sponsored trip as I have more than 17 lacks cash on my bank accounts. Please advice me for the next steps. I just want to make a nice tour to US with my family. (when I should apply next? single or with family? etc)

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Comment

Forget about family vacation to US.

You will have to show at least 20 L yearly income from your business
        to be able to go to US even alone on a business trip.

Work on the income part.

Comment

Thanks again for your reply. Now next IT return will be filled in 31th March 2013. Do I have to wait until then to fill the IT return or 20 lacks? Will combine income of 20 lacks from me and my wife helps in the same way? wont sponsored trip from an American help us visit there? Thanks for your help but if you can provide me answers to these questions then I can think of something.

Thank you

Comment

Hi again
            I have decided to apply again with my wife only and keep our child in India. This time I am showing this trip as sponsored trip from my American friend. I have his I-134, his IT returns, his passport and his property doc. Please give me advice if you can before I apply.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I gave you the advice so many times;

Do not apply for a pleasure trip with only 30k-40k income.
              Your sponsorship from american friend will not work.

They want to see your income not sponsorship.

It seems you do not understand after all those explanations.
              I am sorry prepare for another denial.

Comment

Hello my friend
                I am agree with you. I have to wait for another year anyway. so I am going to take my chances. I know you are right but even if I wont try now. I have to try on June 2013 again anyway. So I will show them sponsorship letter (I-134) and that we are leaving our child behind. They may deny us again and then I will try again after a year or may be not again. I have one last question to you. Will quick second attempt affects another try after an year?

My cousin who earns 45k got visa couple of months before just to attend nap show in vegas. His indian company had sponsored him. He didnt have enough bank balance nor support from American so I think with sponsorship letter, may be I can get. I am not arguing with you my friend. I am just trying to make healthy conversation with you. He got 10 years multiple entry visa.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Comment

Hi

Hi peace999
                  I went for an interview. We got rejected this time as well. Now my question is, do I have to wait until next year when I fill my IT return again? I will be grateful to you if you can advice me on when to apply for business and how to work on income part. My real income is more than 25L.

Looking forward for your valuable advice.

Thank you

Comment

Hi
                    I know all the situation what has happened with me. I asked about advice for next try. If you have some good suggestions then please let me know. I will really appreciate it.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X