Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Renewal in USA

Hi,

My parents had 10 year multiple entry visa and its getting over in 3rd week of december 2012. They are coming to US on 27th June 2012 and planning to return back to india on 3rd week of november.

My question is weather i can apply for their visa renewal. They dont want to stay after november but instead of renewing in India i want it to be renewed here because lately i have heard that Visitor visas for parents are also getting rejected.

Any information and suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks
    AJS

NO, it cannot be renewed in USA.

But they can avail of the new INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM in india.
    They won't have to go for the interview which is a favorable thing.

One note of caution;
    For the new B1/B2 they will look at how your parents used the last B1/B2.
    The most frequent cause of rejection is misuse of the last B1/B2;
    very frequent visits ( 2 in a year) ,very long stays on each visit( 5-6 months),
    and applying for extensions.

I advise your parents to keep this current visit short ( not more than 3 months),
    for the above reason.
    Also, they should not rush into reapplying. If their visa expires in dec 12, they should apply
    sometime in the middle of 2013.
    Last edited by peace999; 06-13-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks peace999.

I forgot to mention that my mom has visited US for 3 times before and this will be her 4'th time. My father has visited once and this his second visit. All three times my mom stayed here for 5months. So would not this work in our favor? Seeing that they have visa and they don't misuse it.

Also how & where can they take advantage of INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM in india.

Thanks
      Amul

Comment

Yes, the no. of visits has been reasonable but some officers view 5-6 months of stay
        as long. To be on the safer side, keep the current visit short. They should be fine.

Look at eligibility sheet for interview waiver. See if they qualify ( they will).
        Fill out DS-160 online.
        Take the bar code to HDFC bank, pay the fees, take the receipt, go to VFS , submit passport with documents , they will give you a date for fingerprinting.
        Go to consulate for fingerprinting, receive visa by courier.

I think I got it right, but double check the process by calling VFS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X