Visitors visa for maid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors visa for maid

My mom has 10 year visitor’s visa and I am on GC. She has a full time maid who has been in the family for ~20 years. Over the years she has become a part of the family (and like an elder sister to me); although technically she is not a relative. They live in India.

I’d like to find a way to get the maid to the US when my mom visits me. She won’t be working here as a maid or anything; simply give mom company and visit as a tourist.

I’d appreciate your advice on how to go about getting her visa:
    1. Get her on B2?
    2. Get her as domestic worker?
    3. How to make the point to USCIS that there is no motivation for her to be in the US other than tourism?

The maid won’t be able to show enough resources to sponsor her own trip; I can show support directly or through my mom. The maid is single but has some property of her own in India.

What would you do in this situation?

The best way is to get her a visitor visa as a domestic employee accompanying your mother.

A lot of people do that.

But there are certain conditions to be met.

Like she must be working for at least 1 year with you in India ( which is there)
    Your mom must sign a contract with her showing she will be paid as per US labor laws
    while in US . (make the contract in the language she
    understands). She does not need to show any assets of her own. But your mother must
    be able to show she can pay her while in US.

She will be interviewed alone to see if she qualifies.

Go to US embassy new delhi website. Search visa domestic employee, everything is explained
    there including the language of the contract.

Comment

You can sponsor and she can visit the US as tourist.

She can't come as maid or do domestic work.

Just like people whose profession is doctor, lawyer, soldier or farmer that can visit the U.S., even the person whose profession is maid can visit the U.S. as a tourist, but not as a maid.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Domestic Employee Left

I had a domestic employee working for me in the US, but she left without notice.

Should I report her? Where?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X