Please Help! No one seems to know, DS-160 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! No one seems to know, DS-160 problem

Hi, Last week I attended my visa appointment, as it is a renewal i do not need an interview, just delivered my papers, however i am concerned because i might have made a mistake in the DS-160

I am Mexican but I was born in Leningrad, Soviet Union, my passport says Leningrad, Russia. However when i was filling out the ds-160, it specified on the birth place that you should put the name wich is currently in use for the place you were born. Leningrad is now Saint Petersburg, but I am not sure if I was supposed to leave the City as it is on my passport (Leningrad) and just use the current name for the country (Russia) wich used to be Soviet Union when i was born.

My concern is that my birth place doesn't quite match my passport, although it is kind of the same birth place, just changed the name nowadays. When I attended the appointment, no one really checks your info or interviews you, they just submit it to a consular officer that will review your data so I am not sure what will happen with this matter, or if I screwed up. As i see it, i followed instructions, even if it doesn't match the passport it is sort of the same place of birth and the birth place isn't written on the visa, so....I'm not sure what will they decide

I do not think it is a problem.
    You did the right thing and complied with the instructions.
    They know if the country and city names are changed over time, they are bound to be different from what are in your passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X