Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only My mom is going for interview,what r the chances of her getting visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only My mom is going for interview,what r the chances of her getting visa?

Hai,

My mom is going to Interview in November.(well, I am still trying to find an appointment before that..that's another story). NOw, my question is ...can only one person (in couple) go and get approved for visa??
    What r the chances??
    My dad is not going to interview due to some family issues,so my mom only is going for visa now.My sister and my brother are studying in India, my dad does business and my mom is housewife.

1.Will they ask my mom at Consulate that why her husband (my dad) is not attending for interview? (since she is going to say that she is coming here to visit her daughter(me))
    2.What kind of questions will she face ?
    3.Does she have to show her bank account and properties (if any are on her name)?

I really need this info ASAP.Thanks for ur time, I really appreciate your help.

-- swathi

It is possible to get visa even if she goes alone for an interview.

It would be better if both went together, even father is not going to be traveling.

For documents and questions, read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Swati,

I know a few friends whose Moms/mother-in-laws have gone alone for the interview and got their visas and some others who were rejected (for reasons unknown!). The most common questions asked in this situation are:

1) What does ur husband do ?

2) Why is he not coming with you ?
      Give reasonable answer here like he has some business to take care of / he doesn't have vacation, etc.) If U give family related issues or health related issue, the CO might ask why r U leaving him in this situation here and going to US ?

3) What does ur Son/ SIL do ?

4) What does ur daughter/DIL do ?

5) How long do U want to stay in US and whats the purpose of ur trip ?

I've heard from few people that said both the parents went for the Interview even though Dad doesn't want to visit US just for the sake of getting the VISA (and in most of the cases to take an appointment in English!)

If U r looking for getting earlier dates, check for availabilities at 5/6/7pm Indian time. Pls see my other posting for details.

Good luck!

- Sudhakar

Comment

Three weeks back my mom went alone and got visa (10yr/M-entry) from chennai consulate and here is her interview details:

-What is the purpose of your trip ?
        My son has arranged a tour. So I would like to spend 4 months with him and see some places in USA.

-Why is your husband not accompanying you ?
        He is a consultant and he is busy with his work, he can not take time off now.

then the Officer asked more questions about my dad's job and income :

- my mom showed my dad's experience letter and explained his job and his montly earnings. We have income from other sources too(rental/interest), so my mom added everything and said we get Rs XXK every month.

- Officer again asked "the income you mentioned is per year or per month?"
        Per MONTH.

- Do you own any property ?
        Yes. Showed CA certified letter that has details about our house, land properties and bank deposits. My mom also showed original documents of these properties, but the officier didn't see them, and said that's fine.

- Where is your son working(sponsor) ?
        It's difficult for me to pronounce his company name, please see his business card (showed my business card ) it has all the details. Please see the back side, it has his house address.

- Do you know how much salary he's making ?
        I don't ask those things. Please see these documents. She showed sponsor's documents(I-134,Emp verification letter, copies of passport/GC,bank statements etc,etc.)

- Officer started going through those documents. I had stamped one of H-1B visa from Mexican consulate 5 years back. So when the officer was looking at my passport copies, she stopped and raised the question "Was your son working in Mexico?".

No. He has been working in US for last X years. I don't know other details. Please see this letter. (My letter to the US Consulate General: I had provided all my details and reasons why my mom would go back after 4 months. I had listed my mom's family ties, property/deposit/ income details)

Mom showed this letter to the officer and looks like the officer was satisfied after reading the letter.

That's it.

Originally posted by swathi
        Hai,

My mom is going to Interview in November.(well, I am still trying to find an appointment before that..that's another story). NOw, my question is ...can only one person (in couple) go and get approved for visa??
        What r the chances??
        My dad is not going to interview due to some family issues,so my mom only is going for visa now.My sister and my brother are studying in India, my dad does business and my mom is housewife.

1.Will they ask my mom at Consulate that why her husband (my dad) is not attending for interview? (since she is going to say that she is coming here to visit her daughter(me))
        2.What kind of questions will she face ?
        3.Does she have to show her bank account and properties (if any are on her name)?

I really need this info ASAP.Thanks for ur time, I really appreciate your help.

-- swathi
        Last edited by gc369; 06-22-2005, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all of you.
          I really appreciate your help.

- swathi

Comment

they may or may not ask but then she must be prepared to answer why he will not be able to travel. its not necessary for them to give her the visa if she goes alone or with company it all depends on her how she answers & if they r not satisfied with the answer they will reject so better prepare her well with all the possible questions. they will not entertain anyone in the entrance if they dont have a appointment so if ur dad goes with ur mom he will be asked to wait outside

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X