Visitor Visa Granted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Granted

Thanks to all the posts and immihelp that made my mothers visa go smooth in delhi consulate. She got a 10yr/M visa.

She chose hindi as the language for the interview. She reached the counter and was interviewd by an indian. The peoson was very polite and asked just three questions:
    1. Why do you want to go to US?
    A. For tourism and visit my son.
    2. Do you live alone in India?
    A. No
    3. What does your son do in US?
    A. He works as XYZ.

Thats it, the person at the counter very politely said aunty I will give you a 10yr/M Visa.

Although we were very tensed as while booking the appointment at TTServices I mistyped the passport number and thought that might cause problems. All she needed to do was to tell the person at pre-screening window and TTServices counter about the mistake, they said if it is okie in the Application form then it doesnot matter.

Note: Try to use the online version of DS-156, it makes the process easier and faster. You can find it here

No papers were seen except application forms..........

Good Luck,
    Pal.
    Last edited by palvisa; 06-23-2005, 10:31 AM.

Does it make a difference if i use an online form for DS-156 rathar than using fillable PDF form?

I filled out the DS-156 form which does'nt have a barcode.
    Can i anyone tell if it makes a difference?

Thanks ,
    Vanaja.

Comment

Originally posted by vanaja
      Does it make a difference if i use an online form for DS-156 rathar than using fillable PDF form?

I filled out the DS-156 form which does'nt have a barcode.
      Can i anyone tell if it makes a difference?

Thanks ,
      Vanaja.
      The bar code one is preferred as it makes it easy for the consulate staff to just scan the information. Both applications are accepted at US consulates/embassies.

If you have the time to do the bar code DS-156 from the US dept. of state website...go ahead and do it.

Comment

fitness99 is right

Comment

But the online form does'nt allow to put "None" for questions 8 and 9?? is that Ok if i leave blank.

Comment

Leaving blank should be fine. Thats what I did.

Comment

You can't enter None in it. And after you leave it blank, and then submit the form, it will put None by default in the final form. So go ahead without a problem.

Comment

It didnt put "None" in the blank spaces after i submit the form.

Comment

Vanaja, ManishC

It does not put a none if you leave any field blank, since the data you enter goes directly into the database and the counslate just scan the bar code to retrieve it, there is no problem in leaving a field blank. The required field validations are already there in the form where you fill the information.

So you are fine with leaving blank for those questions.

Comment

Thanks Pal and Manish..
                    My parents have an interview on june 27th..so i am just wondered if i can use those filled out forms or not.

Thanks a lot for your responses.
                    vanaja.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X