Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an F1 student sponsor girlfriend for B2 visa

Hi guys @ Immihelp,

I am an Masters student in Mumbai. My boyfriend is currently studying in USA on F1 visa. He went to the US in August 2011. Currently, he is an intern at a software company earning about 4000 per month. Otherwise, he also has an on campus job that pays him about 1600 dollars per month.

I have not seen him for more than a year now! His birthday falls in the next month. I wish to visit him; so we have applied for my B2 visa ( visa interview date also has been obtained) and he is my sponsor. His bank statements show more than enough balance for a month's stay in USA for me.

The documents I will be carrying with me are:

His bank statements
    Invitation letter from him - one addressed to me (informal) & one addressed to the US consulate (formal)
    His F1 visa photo copy
    His house lease papers
    His offer letters from both on-campus job and the internship company
    My college's next academic year's fee receipt and I-card, hall ticket of the examination I have just appeared for (previous year)
    My parents' NOC letters
    My birth certificate
    Our photographs where we're together
    My marksheets

My question is can he sponsor me? If yes, should he obtain an I 134 form about the same? What are my chances?

I really need help! Someone please help me out with this! Whatever tips you have for me are most welcome!

True. But what I meant was if it is legally possible. Any clue on that?

Comment

But then again how on earth can we get married in the USA if him and I are both on temporary visas there. He is an F1 holder and I will be on B2!

Comment

As far as I know, I cannot marry him to claim a long term visa since we dont qualify for a wedding there. I hope the VO understands and is sympathetic.

Comment

I just hope I can see him for a lil bit and can convince the VO about the same. Thats all I want. Say a lil prayer for me.

I love him.

Comment

I mean I will come back for my masters obviously! I wouldnt put that at stake, ever!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

I would suggest getting a M visa for a summer course related to your field of study in a college/university near to his.
                Once there, you can take some time to meet him and make up for the time spent away from each other.

Comment

I'm going to stick to my explanation and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloodin
                    An M1 visa is for a vocational school, not for a school/college aiming for a degree...and an M1 visa applicant must still convince the CO they will depart the US after their 'vocational' training (which does not exist in reality for a couple of months...most are one-two year programs...and again, the CO will wonder what prompted your sudden interest in an eight course on basketweaving in a specific city in the US...and will likely figure out what the real reason is...section 214b is not suspended for M1 visa applicants.
                    Ok the CO does not have to be told that she is interested in the city/town but rather in the course.

There are 8-12 week courses for many fields in USA and its not that hard to find one.

Her interest will not seem 'sudden' with proper paper work.

By the way you replied looks like you know an officer very closely or are simply rude and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloodin
                      Your lack of any knowledge of our process was revealed when you mentioned paperwork...there are NO papers that qualify somebody...papers are meaningless...papers and documents can be forged to say anything....but then, anyone with an IQ above 100 would know that.....wonder where that leaves you.
                      Here is a guy with 500 IQ (but -ve)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X