Mistake in Fathers Passport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in Fathers Passport.

My father has recieved his passport. He has checked the details on the passport, and found out that the name of my grandma is wrongly spelt. Now I am in a fix since the summer here is in its midst and I want them here by the end of July, and so want my parents to carry on to the visa procedure without making the required ammedments on the passport.

Now my question would be , how much does the name of his mother on the passport matter ? Is it really serious that he gets it right(and it is just one god damn alphabet missing). Or does he have to go to the Passport office and get it done right and only then attend a Visa interview.

Please let me know since I am in a hurry.

Originally posted by shouriebannai View Post
    My father has recieved his passport. He has checked the details on the passport, and found out that the name of my grandma is wrongly spelt. Now I am in a fix since the summer here is in its midst and I want them here by the end of July, and so want my parents to carry on to the visa procedure without making the required ammedments on the passport.

Now my question would be , how much does the name of his mother on the passport matter ? Is it really serious that he gets it right(and it is just one god damn alphabet missing). Or does he have to go to the Passport office and get it done right and only then attend a Visa interview.

Please let me know since I am in a hurry.
    The usual concern about mistakes in parents' names in the passport is because of situations where they may be cross checked further down the road. Ex. If your father's name is wrong in your passport.

In the case of your father's passport it may not be any issue. So he can go ahead with his plans without having to look for correction of the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Raju595 View Post
      The usual concern about mistakes in parents' names in the passport is because of situations where they may be cross checked further down the road. Ex. If your father's name is wrong in your passport.

In the case of your father's passport it may not be any issue. So he can go ahead with his plans without having to look for correction of the error.
      Thank You Sir for the answer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X