Visitor visa period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa period

I have my H1 petition valid until Nov 15 2012. This is my 6th year end date. I have some uncaptured time from the period I was out of US which is about 79days which would technically bring my H1 end date to Feb 2 2013. I am also in the process of obtaining my green card and I have applied for Labor certification(LC) which is under audit. I only hope to apply for my H1 extension for the days I am out of the states if I don't get any reply on my LC before Nov 2012. In the mean time I am trying to sponsor visitor visa for my parents to the states. If they go for a B1/B2 visa interview this month with my petition valid only until Nov 15 2012 how long will they get their visa approved? Will it be the usual 10yr multiple entry visa or only until my visa is valid? If they can only get it until my visa expires I am thinking of another route. My moms nephew is also in the states. Can he sponsor his aunt's visa? Will there be a question why my moms nephew would sponsor her visa if her son is also there in the states. Can my mom just say she does not know anybody here in the states other than her nephew?

Your parents visa stamp duration is not exactly tied to your H1 duration left in the U.S.

As long as you are legally present in the U.S. when you sponsor them, it is fine.

The duration of the visa stamp will be determined by the consular officer, based on your parents application, and not based on your H1 duration.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X