Visitor Visa approved! Interview experience>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa approved! Interview experience>

I didn’t participate in this forum as much but I think it might be helpful to other people to read my sister’s experience at embassy.
    In US I’m in AOS (adjustment of status) based on marriage to American citizen. I thought that might create a problem for my sister’s visa, and in deed it did a little bit.
    She showed up in certain time 9.30. Am and they called her number half an hour after that. First some guy searched trough her papers and took just couple of them (she had like more that 30 papers included). Than she went to the office for interview. The interviewer was white American lady. Questions: why do you want to go to USA , for how long you want to stay there, what is your brother doing there, what is your sister in law doing there. She asked her like 10 more question and all of them were about me! Since I changed my status in USA the lady was very unhappy with that, but my sister insisted that she is very happy where she lives right now and that she would never stay in US or/and overstay her visa. They talk for about 10 minutes, which was amazing to me, knowing that all interviews are done, in like 2-3 min. Before interview I practice question with my sister and I also got confirmation that AOS is non-binding, meaning that if one have enough document support, even person in AOS can be sponsor. In my case, sponsor was my wife, US citizen, but still my name was everywhere. So, if some of you guys are in AOS, don’t be ‘scared’ to invite your relatives-friends for visit. I doubt they will have problems coming.
    Good luck!

Congratulations!

Before she comes to USA, consider buying visitor medical insurance for her, available for instant purchase at https://www.insubuy.com
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X