Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-application for my parents... URGENT

Hi all,

I am in terrible shape. I am here on H1 and my wife is on F1. We are expecting our first kid this Aug. I tried once to get my parents here without mentioning the pregnancy (I know that it will be denied if we mention that). I send them all the forms etc. They refused the VISA saying that the paperwork is fine but they do not give any Visitor visa when the H1 holder is sponsoring them. I was shocked.

Anyway, I need my parents here so that they can help me and my wife. I am thinking of sending another application and this time I am thinking of sending them the paperwork for my wife, as she will be Graduating in Sept. and she will be taking the walk for the graduation ceremony. I have gotten the paperwork from her University about this, but i am bit skepticle.

Can anyone suggest if it is a good idea to ask for the visitor visa on basis of her graduation ceremony, where her parents cannot come as her mom just got a medical operation on her leg.

Please give me details as we need help to have my parents for my first kid.

Thanks All.

Reapplying too soon with a different and a frivolous reason to visit (graduation is not good enough) will surely invite another refusal.

In my opinion ;Overcome the reason for refusal in the next app; that is
    sponsorship. Do they have enough funds of their own;
    property , a healthy bank balance, deposits,equity, other assets?
    Get a statement of assets prepared by a CA in India showing
    all their assets; immovable and movable. Let them show
    all their wealth.
    If they can do that, they do not need to show any sponsorship
    papers and can tell the consular that they have decided to fund their trip
    with their own money since they were not allowed sponsorship from
    an H-1 holder in their last interview.

best of luck.

Comment

Thanks,

I think your suggestion is right. I wanted to throw one more thing on this. They have rejected the first application by saying on the paper about the intent to stay (Section 214(b)) and the CO told my father the reason behind the refusal is me being here on H1. So i do not know what is the right thing to do.

Also i have my Green Card under process and i have my A number. Does it make a difference if i put that in the forms that i fill up ?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by neel3377
        Thanks,

I think your suggestion is right. I wanted to throw one more thing on this. They have rejected the first application by saying on the paper about the intent to stay (Section 214(b)) and the CO told my father the reason behind the refusal is me being here on H1. So i do not know what is the right thing to do.

Also i have my Green Card under process and i have my A number. Does it make a difference if i put that in the forms that i fill up ?

Thanks again.
        Nope...the A number does not make sense on the applications if you are not a USPR.

Comment

Visitor visa rejected

My parents visa got rejected at Mumbai last week (End of June). The CO just asked following questions:

1) Who lives in US?
          2) Are you applying for the first time?
          3) What is your income?

I don't know where did they go wrong? Also they are reapplying for the visa and getting appointment for Mid september. Is it too early to reapply?

Comment

neel3377,

In that case, a reapp will likely be refused.
            In my opinion,
            Let them wait till you get your green card.

Comment

To meghnit,

The CO must have given some indication to why the visa was refused.
              Try to overcome that in their next app.
              If you are not sure, the common areas are the income question
              and ties to home country.
              Low incomes can let the consular think in terms of immigration intent
              and inability to fund their stay in US. If they are not going to present anything
              significantly different in their next app ,do not rush into reapplying.
              Last edited by skk538; 07-06-2005, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Visitor visa rejected

Thanks a lot for the reply. But they didn't say anything to my parents. They just asked the three questions I mentioned earlier and directly give the paper for 214(b). As you mentioned income may be the problem, but I am sponsoring my parents then why do they have to worry about their own income. Plus my father is a goverment employee, he still has 2-3 years of job left. Even they didn't ask for any property papers or my sponsor letter, or bank statements I sent.

I guess they already have re-applied and they are getting appointment around sept 15. What else can we do so that chances of getting visa increases this time?

Comment

A large no.of people wrongly assume that a sponsorship letter means sure success.
                  Consulars first look for non-immigrant intent + ties to home country and if they are not met there is nothing else left to look at.Sponsorhip letters only decide about the funding part.
                  I am only assuming that if your dad gave low income figures ,
                  the consular presumed immigrant intent( people with large incomes are
                  more likely to come back than ones with low incomes)(not fair I think) and did not ask for anything else. The same thing happened to a young cousin of mine who
                  naively gave low income figures.

I can think of this;
                  1.When asked about income; let him not just give the salary,
                  but one large figure totalling all other income he has, if any.
                  Let him show whatever wealth he has
                  in India. Deposits, savings, property, equity. (that is if he gets a chance to) Get a statement of assets
                  prepared by a CA in India showing all that, which will save the co's time.
                  If he can show good
                  wealth in India then you need not even send a sponsorship
                  letter and he can say that he is spending his own money.

2.Keep the duration of stay short when asked (3 months).

3. By the way what is your visa-status in US? Sponsorhip letters
                  sent by H-1s are reported in this forum to have been rejected
                  by the COs.

Sometimes it is a matter of being at the right consular window at
                  the right time!!!!
                  good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X