Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Rejected :(

Hi,
    My in-laws atttended in the interview in hyderabad yesterday. VO asked very few questions and then took all the documents they carried. My wife (L2) sponsored for them. they did not ask them who is sponsoring. they verified all the documents and said Visa can not be approved. they did not say any reason.My laws are disappointed.

At the end of the interview my in-laws requested them to grant visa couple of times before they left. Will this be a problem in next interview. How soon can we apply again? L2 visa is vaild till April 2013 which is about 6 more months. Could this be a cause for the rejection.

We have a small baby and my wife needs my mother-in law support.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Originally posted by cg841230 View Post
    Hi,
    My in-laws atttended in the interview in hyderabad yesterday. VO asked very few questions and then took all the documents they carried. My wife (L2) sponsored for them. they did not ask them who is sponsoring. they verified all the documents and said Visa can not be approved. they did not say any reason.My laws are disappointed.

At the end of the interview my in-laws requested them to grant visa couple of times before they left. Will this be a problem in next interview. How soon can we apply again? L2 visa is vaild till April 2013 which is about 6 more months. Could this be a cause for the rejection.

I dont mean to be rude but travelling to US only for helping with delivery/baby sitting is never a good idea. The consulates have enough resources to be able to track that your wife just now delivered a baby and that your parents are travelling to help. Plus there are other points that need to be taken care of, such as family ties back in India, such as an unmarried daughter, old parents etc which will give confidence to VO that the visitors will come back after visiting US. Also, its always advantageous if visitors sponsor their own visas as it gives financial confidence to VO at the consulate that the visitor can take care of their own expenses. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by cg841230 View Post
      Hi,

I feel sorry for your in-laws.
      Can you please post what questions does VO asked?

Comment

Visitor Visa Rejected

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        I dont mean to be rude but travelling to US only for helping with delivery/baby sitting is never a good idea. The consulates have enough resources to be able to track that your wife just now delivered a baby and that your parents are travelling to help. Plus there are other points that need to be taken care of, such as family ties back in India, such as an unmarried daughter, old parents etc which will give confidence to VO that the visitors will come back after visiting US. Also, its always advantageous if visitors sponsor their own visas as it gives financial confidence to VO at the consulate that the visitor can take care of their own expenses. This is my opinion not legal advice.
        Thanks Raghvi for the response!

I got the points you mentioned. They have a son who is studying in india and grand mother in the home who needs my in-laws support. they do mention all these in the interview though. Do we need to think of amount of time left on our visa?

How soon can we apply again? what do you suggest?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by enkpro View Post
        I feel sorry for your in-laws.
        Can you please post what questions does VO asked?
        Nothing new. 1) where are you going? 2) How long do you stay 3) what do you do? 4) how many kids do you have? 5) what visa does your daughter holds 6) Where did she study etc.,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X