Visitor's Visa Extension for myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor's Visa Extension for myself

I am a final year medical student from India came to U.SA to study on a B-2 Visitor's Visa for 3 months August, September and October. I came here on July 25 and my I-94 expires on January 24, 2013. Now I got another opportunity in a different medical school for 3 months from February till April. I filed for an extension through USCIS-ELIS service yesterday. Following are the documents I've submitted:

1) Affidavit of support from my parents
    2) Acceptance letter from the University mentioning that I was accepted for Feb, March, April and should come on a Visitor's Visa
    3) Copy of I-94
    4) Copy of Visa
    5) Copy of Passport
    6) A letter from my College principal stating that I'm enrolled as a final year student and should return back to my country to complete the remaining part of final year in
    order to graduate

I've not send them the copies of my return tickets.

I don't have any relatives in U.S.A ready to sponsor me and so I cannot fill Form I - 134. Instead, I sent them a copy of an affidavit of support from my parents in India which is made and signed there. Can we do this or will this gonna be problem. I've called the USCIS customer service and they don't have an answer for this.

Please can you comment on my case. I could not find any experience of students filing for their own extension in the forum. I would also request you to comment on my chances of approval based upon the case.

Thank you
    Last edited by Dinesh Devareddy; 11-08-2012, 10:58 PM.

USCIS will basically need evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay for your stay. It is not known if they will accept Indian bank statements.

Also, are allowed to go to medical school in B2 Visa? I am not sure.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Kabkaba for the reply.
      Yes, we can do rotations as a student in a medical school which usually last for 1 to 2 months. They want us to come on a visitor's visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X