Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension after port-of-entry limitation

Hello,

I would very much appreciate your help with my case.

I last entered the USA on May 2014 and instead of being allowed to stay for 6 months, I got 3 months of stay instead. I must go back to Mexico by August 12, 2014.

I want to apply for an extension and I want to know how much time I can stay with this extension.

I need an extension until October when my husband gets his status changed from TN to H1B visa. Then on October I plan to apply for a status change from tourist to H4 (his dependent).

I want to know if this is something that can be done.

PS- A little history, I came on a vacation on November 2013 and left April 2014. Could this get in the way since I only left for a month and then came back?

chances of extension success are low. because you spent 6 months then returned one month later. Anyway extension applications take 3-4 months to
    process so by the time you will get a response your original stay would have expired.

I think you should return before 3 months are complete and then apply for your H-4 in mexico.
    An H-4 stamp is always better than a H-4 change of status.

Comment

thank you so much!

Unfortunately I just realised that I had a response on this thread, I appreciate your help so much!

I will do as suggested as it is the best way to go.

Have a great day!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X