Extension for Visitor visa denied Plz Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension for Visitor visa denied Plz Help

I applied for extension for my mother's visa, reason being she had a fracture 6 weeks and was advised bed rest for 4 weeks and had to see the doctor 3 times before she was to leave. So I applied for extension and received I-797C in the mail stating that the application was received (paid $300). Since I had requested 3 months extension, I rescheduled her departure date accordingly (luckily I had bought one yr ticket, thanks to my agent) and she left before 3 mos date was up. I did not receive anything in the email till then.

Now, 3 days ago I received a letter from USCIS Vermont Center stating the application was denied/abandoned as they did not receive any evidence supporting the application in a timely manner. It states a denial due to abandonment may not be appealed. However there are limited motion rights. The petitioner/applicant can file a motion to reopen the petition or application denied due to abandonment by filing I-290B before Aug 23rd which has a filing fee of $585 ouch...

What should I do now? I have not received anything other than I-797C in the mail and have not moved/changed my address.
    My mother has a 10 year multiple entry visa issued in 2008 and is aged 70yrs.

I took an InfoPass appointment and the officer says I write to the Vermont Center with all the evidence (doctor's letters, insurance bills, coverage I had taken from InsuBuy) and file the motion with $585...ouch. I really can't afford that much money as I am on budget and this is outrageous as I did not get any information.

Thanks a lot in advance.

You should have sent all supporting documentation alongwith the extension application. Your mom's visa is now void. From your post it looks like the fault is yours in sending an incomplete application initially!
    Last edited by orion; 07-31-2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I am told in another forum, that since the application was still pending when my mother left, it means the application was abandoned. So, filing I-290B motion is a moot point. I am told that since the application was filed before I-94 was set to expire the stay of 3 mos is not an unlawful period of stay.

I really hope some Gurus shed some more light in my situation.

I thought I sent all the items with the application. Maybe I should have included the Doctor's letter and proof of insurance coverage and all the bills I had paid up until that point.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X