Visitor's visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor's visa

Has anybody done a visitor's visa while in the US. What is the current processing time?

Can you please elaborate little more, what do you mean by Visa within US? You don't need a visa if you are already in USA - just a COS will do.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I am on H4 visa and my H4 expires in a few months. I am in the middle of a divorce and fighting for the custody of my kids. Meanwhile I got admissions into school and I need to apply for F1 visa. I am worried to go to India for F1 stamping leaving my kids behind, in case F1 gets rejected. Can I come back based on my H4 visa?

Second option was to stay here, and apply for an F1 but i will also need to apply for a visitor's visa because my H4 will expire while my F1 is in process.

Comment

Originally posted by mahirakapoor View Post
        in case F1 gets rejected. Can I come back based on my H4 visa?
        Yes, provided they don't cancel your H4 visa. If your visa is valid you can use that & re-enter USA anytime.
        Originally posted by mahirakapoor View Post
        Second option was to stay here, and apply for an F1 but i will also need to apply for a visitor's visa because my H4 will expire while my F1 is in process.
        Since you really do not want to go out of USA, I would suggest you to stay in USA & file to Change of Status (COS). The pending application would fill-in the gap as well.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X