Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Date of Birth

Hi all,

Firstly, I want to thank the forum for amazing community to help each other out.

I have a concern with the visitor visa application for my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law had her date of birth incorrect on her old passport. It was the fault of the passport office in Delhi. However, her US Visitor VISA was approved and it has the same incorrect date of birth on the stamped VISA.

Her passport expired this year and they applied for a new passport and this time the passport has the correct date of birth. The US visitor visa is also expiring in 2 months and we want to apply for the renewal of her US visitor visa.

My concern is that whether the US visitor visa will be denied because they realize that the date of birth on both, the old passport (expired) and the old visa (not yet expired but will be in 2 months) is incorrect and now we are submitting visa renewal with a different date of birth on the new passport and DS-160 form.

We have all the supporting documents to show that her date of birth on new passport is correct (school leaving certificate, Aadhar card, PAN card etc.). We also have an affidavit saying that her date of birth in the new passport is the correct one. We also have the passport application form which we filled 10 years back, and the date of birth written there is correct and it was really the mistake of Indian passport office.

Do you think they will deny her visa? And should we proactively tell the Visa Application Center (where they will submit their documents) that the old passport and old visa had wrong date of birth? They qualify for the interview waiver so please let me know what steps I should take so that their visa is granted.

Any suggestions, tips would be very much appreciated!

I hope everyone finds success in their visa journey to the US!

Originally posted by SK_RT View Post
    My concern is that whether the US visitor visa will be denied because they realize that the date of birth on both, the old passport (expired) and the old visa (not yet expired but will be in 2 months) is incorrect and now we are submitting visa renewal with a different date of birth on the new passport and DS-160 form.
    How big is the difference between both the dates? Like 13 vs 31 ??

We have all the supporting documents to show that her date of birth on new passport is correct (school leaving certificate, Aadhar card, PAN card etc.). We also have an affidavit saying that her date of birth in the new passport is the correct one. We also have the passport application form which we filled 10 years back, and the date of birth written there is correct and it was really the mistake of Indian passport office.
    Nice collection, keep it handy for US visa interview.

Do you think they will deny her visa? And should we proactively tell the Visa Application Center (where they will submit their documents) that the old passport and old visa had wrong date of birth? They qualify for the interview waiver so please let me know what steps I should take so that their visa is granted.
    Quite possible, the issue is when you got your old passport with invalid date, why you did not got it corrected before applying for the visa?

This way you tried hiding the truth (if not telling lie) & now why did you change it? You could have kept the same date in new passport as well?

For everyone's benefit - if your passport has any mistake, get it corrected at the first place or else live with it for the remaining of your life, don't keep changing the basic details.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X