help-visa extension for medical treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help-visa extension for medical treatment

I entered the US last October 2009 to receive treatment for cancer. However, i was only given one month to stay and my visa expires January 2010. Come november, we applied for extension and was granted 6 months (November-April). March 2010, we applied for extension again since i have not finished treatments yet and was needed to be seen every three months for a year. however, up until now, we have still not received response. they asked for additional evidence which we promptly gave but was told to wait 60 days after receipt of evidence.

we are worried at this point since the extension that we asked for (May-October) expires this october and we were suppose to be extending 6 more months after (until March 2011). My oncologist deemed that it is best (and practical) to stay here for my 3 month scan since i am at high risk of recurrence still.

If my extension application for May-October 2010 is granted after October, will i still be able to apply for extension? or will i be out of status then?

my parents are really concerned since we don't want to have any confusion with my status as well as any trouble with the immigration especially with my medical condition.

thank you so much for you help.

There is no way for any of us to know whether your extension would be granted or not. We can't predict when they will make a decision on your case.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X