Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need URGENT ADVICE : DELAY IN Visitor Visa Extn for both my parents

Hello,

I applied for a Visitor Visa Extension for both my parents. I submitted one I-539 application and added my mom as a supplement 1 to I-539.
    Here is my situation : I applied on Nov 2nd 2011 through online and I gave my new address in the application. USCIS tried to deliver the letter in my new address and USPS sent the letter back to USCIS stating that the letter was un-deliverable. I called multiple times and they sent me the I-797C yesterday 12/13/2010.

Two Questions here :
    1) I dont see my moms name in I-797C. I see only my Dads name. Is it one receipt for one application ? If so, why is my moms name not included ? How guaranteed is it that my mom is also inherited in the receipt as her name is no where written in the I 797C form.

2) The online status of the application still states that the letter is returned back to USCIS. I told the customer service folks about it but they are not sure how the system will be updated ? How do I know if my parents application are getting processed ? status is not changed irrespective of the receipt we got yesterday.

Please advice. Appreciate all your response.
    Thank You
    Rohan

P:s: Their 6 month time period is getting expired on Dec 30th 2010
    Last edited by RohanRaj; 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM.

Sailing on same boat

Hi Rohanraj,

Even I am looking to apply for Stay extension to my in-laws whose I-94 is about to expire in 2 months. Please let me know how to apply online for B1/B2 stay extention and what is the fee for it and what reason should i mention in the I539 form

Comment

In immihelp they have given step by step process. I followed that for applying for extension. But I have a question now if I need to submit 2 applications or 1 application for both of them with all the issues am facing now. I will send update to the forum when I get to know about my I-539 status.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,
        What is the phone number you called to check status? Do they say whether the application is approved or not?

I have applied also for my parents and still waiting....

On your first question - The receipt we recvd has both my parents name
        Last edited by posttoforums; 12-21-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Rohan,
          I checked the receipt i received for my i539 application. It had both my parents name listed as applicants.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X