Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent departed US after filing I-539 VISA extension and received RFE later

Hi,

We had fied for a two month B2 Visa extension for my parents, but as the request was pending, they departed US after one and a half months. Now I have received a RFE asking for additional documents. It says If I dont respond, my extension request can be denied. Does it make sense now to respond? Considering they have left and they might know it from their travel records, would they deny it or abondon the request? What will be the impact on future travel - if its appoved, denied or abandoned? Please advice.

It has already been abandoned. It doesn't matter if it is approved or denied. There is no impact on future travel.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      It has already been abandoned. It doesn't matter if it is approved or denied. There is no impact on future travel.
      The question was - will it be abandoned, if I don't respond to RFE? Or should I respond to RFE and say they have departed US ?

Comment

Originally posted by hkuntal View Post

The question was - will it be abandoned, if I don't respond to RFE? Or should I respond to RFE and say they have departed US ?
        It was automatically abandoned when they left the US. USCIS just doesn't know about it yet. You can respond or not respond. It doesn't matter either way.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post

It was automatically abandoned when they left the US. USCIS just doesn't know about it yet. You can respond or not respond. It doesn't matter either way.
          Thanks for the response. Appreciate it !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X