Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly how much funds are needed to file extension for 6 months

Hi,
    my best friend was diagnosed with brain cancer last October, she had emergency brain surgery and went through 8 weeks of rehab after two weeks in ICU. I have assisted her mother who is a Russian citizen to receive a B2 Visa and she got it for 1 year. In April her I-94 expires and we want to file an extension of stay for her for another 6 months because my friend still requires 24/7 supervision due to cognition deficiency and complete loss of short term memory. Her prognosis is also pretty grim. So I really want to make sure that her mother can stay by her side for as long as necessary.
    Since my friend is unable to work and she did not qualify for disability benefits her husband is the only one working right now, so their financial situation is not looking so good at the moment. There is a large network of friends who supports them in many ways including fundraising and help with groceries. There is also one family friend who has helped them significantly in the last few month with bills. Here are my questions:
    1)Though my friend's mother still has some money available to her from fundraising the question is how much she needs to show while asking for extension for 6 month? And if she doesn't have enough can this family friend provide an affidavit of support to her or it has to be a family member whom she is visiting?
    2) Whether she is granted an extension or not she'll have to leave the country sooner or later, how soon after leaving she can apply for another B2 visa and return to USA?

She does have strong family ties to Russia and has another daughter and grandchild there. She has some property to her name. She is retired so she no longer works. She has no intentions in living in the US if her daughter is no longer with us, but at this difficult situation for the family she is the only caregiver the family can have. Sorry if my post is too long, I just wanted to explain the situation and get the best advise based on the facts above.
    Thank you in advance for your help, Anastasia.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X