Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Extension for Retired Police Officer

Hi,

My parents (from India) current I-94 expires on Jun 18 2011. I am planning to file for their Visitor Visa Extension but have two questions in this regard:

1. My father is a retired police officer (Ra***ay Protection Force, Central Govt of India). Hence the response to questions 3, d.3a and 3, d.6 under Part 4 of form i-539 will be 'YES'. For your easy reference I have copied these questions below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d.3 Have you ever (a) served in, been a member of, assisted in, or participated in any military unit, paramilitary unit, police unit, self defense unit, vigilante unit, rebel group, guerrilla group, militia, or insurgent organization?

d.6 Have you EVER received any type of military, paramilitary, or weapons training?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given the responses for these two questions are going to be Yes, what are the chances of the visa extension being approved or rejected. Please advice and let me know if any of you have faced similar experience.

2. If my parents travel per original travel plans before the expiry of the original I-94 and subsequent to their travel back to India, if the rejection notice comes would their 10 year multiple entry visa be still made void even though they traveled before the expiry of the original I-94.

Please advice.

Thanks

Extension of status for visitors is very difficult without really genuine reasons anyway. But I don't think him being a police officer will affect that decision much.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X