Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 Visa Extension denied - Future visits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Extension denied - Future visits?

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this matter.

I was granted a B1/B2 visa in 2009 and I visited the USA in Jan 2010, in June I applied for an extension which was subsequently denied on Aug 18th. I left the USA to Mexico on Sept 2nd - I have an entry stamp for Mexico but no exit stamp for the USA. My visa is a ten year multiple entry visa.

Is my visa still valid after being denied an extension and if so will it affect any future visa applications for the USA?

I hope someone can help me.

Many thanks

DP

If you left the US after your I-94 date, your Visa is considered void. Did you submit your I-94 to a Mexican official (if by road) or airline person (if by air) when you left the US?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

I was not asked for my I94 upon entering Mexico.
      Do you think my void visa will affect any future applications?

It's quite frustrating as I didn't break any of my visa conditions, just my I94 was not renewed.

Thanks

Comment

Staying beyond permitted stay (I-94) is violation of Visa conditions.
        Read this link.
        Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Comment

Overstaying I94

Thanks for the info.

It is as I feared

Would immigration have evidence of my denial to extend the I94? This could subsequently be matched with the entry stamp to Mexico proving that I left the USA approximately 2 weeks after I was asked to do so.

The evidence of the denial letter would show that I did not overstay for any other reason than the delay in immigration replying to my extension request.

Of course I understand that I could be turned away at the border no matter what happens but I would like to know if its possible for me to granted another visa or at least if I have any chance.

Thanks in advance, you have been very helpful so far.

Comment

Unfortunately, that is not how it works. Any stay beyond I-94 is considered illegal unless extension is approved. You have to apply for Visitor Visa again and it is at the officer's discretion to ignore the violation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X