Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting protection america after 1 month of arrival

Hi Narendra,

I had taken WorldMed Lite about 6 weeks ago for my dad[70+], it is still valid for another 10 weeks.

Since the coverage for sickness is not good with worldmed lite, i want to take protection america now for 50K coverage [signed up for the worthless world med lite by mistake :-( since i was looking for 100K coverage]. Digressing - actually it will help if you could add a note somewhere that even if we go via the worldmed link (for non-lite, we will be taken to a common site for all plans of worldmed including lite)

Coming back, since it has been more than a month, protection america mentions that it needs insurance proof for the first 6 weeks, will Worldmed lite be good enough proof ? How do i provide this to protection america - can i still do it online (scanned copy or u could help me here pls) ?

Btw, another question assuming i can get protection america - if i use worldmed lite in the next 6 weeks & later have to do a second visit with protection america will that be considered pre-existing in protection america, even though this is during the overlap period where we would have both plans active. Only reason i want to use worldmed during the overlap period is because the deductable will be lower in that.

thanks

1. Link and the contents of the application for WorldMed or WorldMed Lite are provided and maintained by the insurance company and I have no control over it. I will still send your suggestion to them.

2. You can buy Protection America now. In the online application, all you have to mention is the insurance company name (AIG) and the expiration date. You can do it online. No need to scan/mail anything.

3. WorldMed Lite and Protection America are two totally independent policies and there is no concept of upgrade or change to concept. In other words, there is no portability.
    Insurance company will cover whatever new medical conditions occur after the effective date of the respective policy.

Therefore, in your case, as long as some condition occured after the effective date of Protection America, it should be covered, even if you didn't use that plan for first visit.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X