Shopping for visitor medical insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for visitor medical insurance

I am looking for visitor medical insurance for my 60 year old sister who is arriving in SJ, CA, on 11/11. I have been to you website in this connection. It was very helpful. Great job.

Right now, I know, I need to get comprehensive insurance for her. But I am still not sure about which one. My concern is the quality of service. How good are these companies about paying their bills? You have been in this business for a while. What do you recommend? Is quality proportional to the premium amount (I'd think, smart management keeps the premium down)?

I am looking at Protection, Liaison, Visit USA, and WorldMed (last two happen to be same company). Is Protection really the best inspite of a little lower A.M. rating? Visit USA and WorldMed are both carried by AIG, have the same rating, but WorldMed is cheaper. Diplomat is the most expensive. I am less inclined to buy this.

One more thing. She is going to stay in Hong Kong for two weeks on her way back. Should I cover her by taking the insurance which will also cover her there? I'll have less choices of the companies if I do that.

Looking for an early reply. I have to buy the insurance very soon.

Regards,

AM Best Rating is the overall rating of the entire insurance company, just not one particular product.

AIG is primarily a property and casualty company and therefore they have higher AM best rating.

I have not heard about any health insurance company that has A++ rating. Most companies, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, around the US have AM Best rating of "A".

Therefore, all As are good. You need to worry only if the rating is C or D.

Also, higher price does not necessarily mean better. There are many more factors in deciding the price and it is difficult to describe everything in the email.

We have listed the products in the order they are overall the best. Therefore, Protection America is the best comprehensive visitors medical insurance. Please read https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-amer...-insurance.jsp to understand why.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thank you for the timely help. I had a question about covering my sister in Hong Kong on her way back. Looks like, Protection can cover Hong Kong without extra cost.

Another question. Can I buy the insurance on her behalf before she arrives or I'll have to wait until she arrives? She is not a computer user herself.

Comment

1. Protection America will cover anywhere outside home country. Therefore, if her home country is India, it will cover anywhere outside India, including Hong Kong.

2. You can buy on her behalf before she arrives.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X