Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about pre-existing medical conditions

Hello Narendra,
    My father is 69 years old. This is his 4th visit to the US. So far, in every visit, I have purchased "Inbound USA" medical insurance. On this trip, my father arrived on December 3, 2008 and will be with us until October 15 2009. But, this time, I did not purchase any insurance since my father is in relatively good health. We also did a detailed exam prior to his arrival. On this checkup, the doctor started him on blood pressure medicines since he was classified as "pre-hypertenson". His BP is around 140/85 normally.

Now, I am a bit worried after seeing some experiences of my friends and would like to take an insurance for the reminder of his stay. Could you suggest what would be a good option? I compared each of the plans, but not sure which will be good, since I think my father's condition may be classified as "pre-existing" if he has to visit a doctor for some reason.

thanks,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing the health insurance for your father.

Please take my reply in the postive way and don't misunderstand me.

What you have described is exactly the problem with many customers. When they are in good health, they think they don't need the insurance. When they get into medical condition or already have some problem, they start worrying about the health insurance. And if the insurance company does not pay for pre-existing conditions, they complain about it.

Even though you had purchased the insurance for him before, you didn't buy anything now because you thought he is healthy and you "don't need it".

However, insurance plans don't work that way. If only the people who have problems buy the insurance, where will the insurance company get the money to pay from? The way insurance works is that most people don't get sick and end up using the insurance. Out of few people that get new medical condition, insurance company would pay them.

Therefore, your father's condition would definitely be considered as pre-existing condition.

You never know when you may end up using the insurance. That is exactly why everyone should buy the insurance in advance, and not the afterfact.

I reccommend that you read https://www.insubuy.com/visitor-medi...ng-conditions/ for further information on pre-existing conditions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X