Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age is going to cross 69 during coverage period

Hi Narendra
    I have seen you responding to queries of lot of people,so help me with mine too
    1.) My father is going to reach here in 2 days. He is going to stay here till mid sept.
    He is 69 years now,but will turn 70 in august.I see lot of companies have less benefits for people who are in age group over 70.Does his benefit coverage changes or remain same when he turns 70. I will be buying insurance today.

2.) I am not fully decided on which insurance to buy as i am looking for good comprehensive insurance but its very expensive.Also my mother is coming here to on 1st july.So i was planning to buy my father's insurance for only 10 days now and wanted to know what would be the best insurance to renew in case i wanted to continue with the same company or if i wanted to change it to a different company. a) Does his insurance rates go up in case he switch companies or plan?
    b) Are his insurance premium going to go up if i buy it while he is in US rather than buying it before he lands

I will appreciate a quick reply

Thanks
    Sidhu
    Last edited by charansidhu5; 03-14-2010, 12:34 PM.

When he is 69, benefits according to the age 69 years applies. When he turns 70 years of age, benefits according to 70 years applies.

Depending upon which plan and policy maximum you are planning to, there may or may not be the difference in benefits.

It is best to buy one insurance (whichever one) and stick to it for the entire trip duration. And I recommend that you do separate policies for each person. That way, you don't have to worry about they coming/going at different dates.

a) Rates don't go up simply because switch the plans. However, you will have to pay different price because each plan benefits and cost are different. Of course, depending upon the plan you choose, the price will be the same whether you buy that plan initially or switch from some other plan to that plan. Switching plans is not recommended because all the terms and conditions including pre-existing conditions clause starts all over again.

b) No. The price is the same in either case. However, it is better to buy in advance to be able to cover during travel time as well. Additionally, some plans have the limitations that you have to buy within 30 days of arrival in the US or show prior proof of coverage. Therefore, you may not want to wait for too long.

You can buy the plans online at http://insurance.immihelp.com

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or call us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Patriot go travel

Thanks for ur replies. After reading them , i am thinking of buying Patriot Go Travel Insurance.(PGTI) Some questions:

1.) PGTI offers only $50,000 for 69+.My father is going to turn 69 in middle of his trip.So should i buy insurance in 2 pieces or weather it will calculate the rates & benefits on its own

2.)PGTI offers renewal only if initially purchased for 3 months.In a scenario where person has insurance for less than 3 months & is undergoing treatment when policy expires(eg he is in hospital),does his benefit claims get affected.Does the company extend its insurance in that case. How does PGTI treat such a case

Thanks
      Charan Sidhu

Comment

What is his date of birth?
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

20th aug,1939

Comment

1. You can buy one continuous policy. If you are buying $50,000 Patriot GoTravel America, you don't have to worry about the benefits changing when he is 70. If you renew after he is 70, your premium will be according to 70.

2. You can extend it only if you have purchased for minimum 3 months initially. If you bought for less than 3 months, you can't extend it. You will have to buy a new policy and any problem in previous duration will be considered as pre-existing condition in the new policy.
            If you are planning to buy for less than 3 months and intend to renew, consider Protection America instead.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Thanks Narendra,i purchased the PGIT policy for 3 months..Thanks a lot

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X