X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge medical bills- Unpaid.. Please help

Hello Mr. Narendra,

Can you please guide me for the following situation:
    I purchased Atlas America insurance on behalf of my father who was visiting US last year. Unfortunately he got sick as soon as we bought the insurance.
    He was admitted to the hospital for 1.5 days with diagnosis as stomach infection. Insurance company was informed about this before he was admitted to the hospital room to make sure everythingis covered. The insurance company said they will cover the expenses initally but when he was discharged, few months later insurance company denied the claims saying it as a pre-existing condition(i.e. he had stomach flu before he was admitted to the hospital) which is not true. But somehow they got papers from the hospital proving that it was infact pre-existing.

The hospital bill is about ~ 16K.
    My father is a retired person and cannot afford to pay this huge bill.
    He told the same to the hospital and irrespective of that, the hospital has forwarded the case to collection agency.
    The letters come to my address in the US.
    I was concerned if they can ask me to pay the bill.
    I am studying here and cannot pay this amount, nor did I sponsor my father for his trip to US. I did not sign any second gurantor form or any affidavit of support.
    Will my credit history be affected if the bill takes time to settle.
    Am I responsible for this medical bill payment in anyway.

Can you please help me with this situation.
    Your advice will be really grateful.

I recommend that you read the thread http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19808
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X