Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My K1 visa process update

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and thought I would begin posting my K1 status. I hired an attorney to process the K1 and my petition was sent to the California USCIS on 1/12/2008. I have just received notice today that the petition was received on 1/22/2008. I am now in the waiting mode and hope that the process does not take as long as it has for other peititioners (not that i would be any different). I hope to have my fiance (Bruno-from Brazil) here by June. I have been and will remain very optimistic that we will secure a visa.

For those of you who are also beginning the K1 Visa process and would like to chat about your experiences, I would love to talk with you and go through this process together. It's always nice to communicate with those who can relate to your situation. I can be reached on msn messenger by adding me with the following address: [email protected].

Hope to hear from you guys and good luck to all of you.

K1 process

I am applying for a K1 Visa for my fiancee who lives in Brasil. I have a couple of questions regarding the entire process. Hope you can help.

1) How long it usually takes to receive any kind of information or confirmation after we file the petition?
    2) What is the next step after the petition is filed and approved?
    3) Do we both get interviewed?
    4) What are some samples of questions they usually ask? Do they try to trick you in answering the questions wrong?
    5) She has two daughters (both single and 17 years of age). Can we wait to petition for their visa or do they need to be done at the same time?

I will be looking forward to your answers.

Thanks

Comment

K-1 Status

We also filed for a K-1 Visa in California with recipt date of Dec 28 2007.
      We also hired a lawyer to help with the process...My future husband lives in Colorado while I am a german waiting for the approval here in the Frankfurt area.....we are hoping that I will be able to enter the US by mid July since we have planned our wedding for early August.

Comment

Re: K-1 Status

You're far bolder than I am. I too hope that you're processed and approved in time for your wedding. I wish you all the luck.

Carol

Comment

Response to request from Carol for support

Carol,
          a few days ago, I sent you a detailed email at the address you provided outlining ways to help you and your fiance find support in the process from brazilian and US applicants on a websiste active forum. Did you receive it? Let me know, if not, I'll send it again.
          Jean-Louis.

Comment

No, I did not receive it, but would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!!!

Comment

email sent

Hi Carol,
              I just sent you the email again, hope you get it this time.
              JL

Comment

I received it and sent you a reply.

Comment

May I have the email as well?

JeanLouis,

Could you send me the same email you sent Carol. I also have a Brazilian fiancee and I am trying to get as much info as I can on the process.

Thank you very much

Renato

[email protected]

Comment

email sent

Oi Renato,
                    Tudo bem?!
                    I just sent you the email.
                    Let me know if I can further help you.
                    Tchau, Ate logo.
                    Jean-Louis.

Comment

Email

Oi Jean, tudo bem e você?

I did not receive your email. Please resend it. Thanks.

Um abraço

Renato

Comment

Another question

Do any of you know if the interviews for the K1 Visa in Brasil are only at the Embassy in Rio or can they be held in the Sao Paulo Consulate?

Thanks,
                        Renato

Comment

email re-sent

Oi Renato,
                          tudo bom! Obrigado!
                          I am sending it again.
                          the interview is in Rio.
                          JL.

Comment

My K-1 Visa process update

Originally posted by casims2000
                            Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and thought I would begin posting my K1 status. I hired an attorney to process the K1 and my petition was sent to the California USCIS on 1/12/2008. I have just received notice today that the petition was received on 1/22/2008. I am now in the waiting mode and hope that the process does not take as long as it has for other peititioners (not that i would be any different). I hope to have my fiance (Bruno-from Brazil) here by June. I have been and will remain very optimistic that we will secure a visa.

For those of you who are also beginning the K1 Visa process and would like to chat about your experiences, I would love to talk with you and go through this process together. It's always nice to communicate with those who can relate to your situation. I can be reached on msn messenger by adding me with the following address: [email protected].

Hope to hear from you guys and good luck to all of you.
                            It's been a month since receiving my I-129F receipt and just checking in to let you know that I have not heard anything as of yet in regards to my second receipt. Just keeping busy and focusing on life. I am in the process of gathering all of the required documents for the Embassy interview in Brazil.

Hope all is going well with the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by casims2000
                              It's been a month since receiving my I-129F receipt and just checking in to let you know that I have not heard anything as of yet in regards to my second receipt. Just keeping busy and focusing on life. I am in the process of gathering all of the required documents for the Embassy interview in Brazil.

Hope all is going well with the rest of you.

I know what you are going through. Waiting for information is very stressful. My walk to the mailbox everyday was pretty emotional. Excited thinking that I may have received my notice whether we were approved or not. Then upset if it wasn't there. Its just the sense of NOT KNOWING that was hard for me.

I just wanted to let you know about our timeline just so you have an idea. The California Service Center recieved our I-129F on July 28, 2007. As of Feburary 22, 2008 we finally received approval. I suggest to sign up for "case status online" through www.uscis.gov. By registering you will receive updates in regards to your case. That is actually how I found out our application was approved. I haven't even recieved the actual notice of action yet, however, I know its in the mail. Now I can't say that yours will take as long because it really depends on how many applications they recieved ahead of yours. You don't know how many applications they recieved in November or December for example. I know with the application fees that increased as of July 30, 2007. I though that we would have to wait forever because everyone would be trying to submit their applications before the fees went up, but it wasn't that bad. So who knows, yours probably won't take as long.

I wish you the best of luck and will keep you posted of our timeline just so you have some idea of what to expect. Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X